Shrine

You awoke in the ambulance, groggy and disoriented, with pain coursing through your body.

"Ow, what the heck happened?" you groaned, trying to piece together the fragments of your memory. Tara and Mindy sat in front of you, their faces etched with sorrow, while Chad paced outside the ambulance.

"Anika didn't make it," Tara whispered, her voice trembling with grief.

"What? No..." Your voice wavered, tears welling up in your eyes. "I tried to stop him. I tried," you stuttered, the weight of the tragedy bearing down on you.

Amidst the chaos, a loud commotion drew your attention to Chad, who was confronting Ethan beside a police car.

"Where were you last night?" Chad's voice was laced with anger and accusation.

Ethan, visibly confused, responded, "What do you mean? I had econ. You know that."

"Bullshit, man! You disappeared, and my sister almost got killed!" Chad's frustration boiled over.

"Dude, I was in a study hall with a hundred other people. You can ask any of them," Ethan defended himself, frustration in his voice as well.

Chad sighed heavily. "Fuck, man," he muttered, grappling with the complexity of the situation. "Oh my god," Ethan's gaze shifted towards a covered body. "Who?" he asked.

"Quinn and Anika," Chad replied, his voice laden with sorrow.

Ethan walked over to the ambulance, concern in his eyes. "Y/n, what happened?" he inquired, approaching you.

"Stay back!" Mindy hissed at Ethan, her protective instincts in overdrive. "You're at the top of my list."

"Mindy, it's fine," you assured her, slowly getting to your feet. You approached Ethan, your body aching, and the two of you embraced. His strong arms wrapped around you, offering a momentary respite from the horrors of the night.

He cupped your face, examining you closely. "Is everything okay?" he asked, genuine concern etched across his features.

"Yeah, my head just kinda hurts. It's fine," you reassured him, not wanting to burden him with your pain.

Trust and warmth flowed between you as he hugged you tightly, providing comfort in your darkest hour.

Ethan pulled away, his eyes reflecting a mixture of sorrow and guilt. "I'm sorry," he whispered.

"No, Ethan, don't apologize. It's not like you did this. I trust you," you said, looking up at him with gratitude and understanding.

A soft smile graced his lips, but it was clear that he carried his own burden of emotions.

As you turned to see who was approaching, you noticed Tara, Sam, Kirby, and Gale heading toward you. Gale had found an intriguing lead-an alleyway with a ghostface spray-painted on the wall, accompanied by the haunting question: "What's your favorite scary movie?"

Walking in together, hand in hand with Ethan, you found yourselves in a chilling shrine of sorts.

It held a disturbing collection of items: the costumes worn by the killers, the knives used to commit the atrocities, and even memorabilia from the innocent lives lost.

Your gaze lingered on a section from the previous year, where photos of Wes, Liv, and Dewey served as painful reminders of their unjust fates.

They had been casualties in a terrifying game they never signed up for.

Ethan, sensing your distress, wrapped his arms around you, providing the support you so desperately needed in the face of this grim reality.

In the midst of this grim discovery, Kirby suddenly had an idea on how to track down Ghostface.

------------------------------------------------------------

A/n

Hey yall this chapter was short I don't really like it but i hope the next will be more interesting.

Also I'm so happy and grateful that we're almost at 500 hundred reads!!!

Byeeee