Chapter 8

Izuku felt like his head was constantly underwater, that or inside a thick fog, he couldn't even tell what was up from down half the time.

The shock therapy, injections, and sensory deprivation time had been increased, instead of thirty minutes doing it, he was now being tortured for nearly an hour, every four hours. He couldn't even think let alone speak, his brain hurt constantly, like an endless headache he couldn't get rid of. He wondered if this had been All For One's plan, if he couldn't even think straight, how would he be able to escape whatever the man had planned for him?

It wasn't just headaches, his entire body was sore, and making any movement was more than enough to cause him to yelp with pain, even with his high pain resistance.

He'd been in here for at least a week, maybe longer since he arrived here unconscious, but despite All For One's attempt to give him meals at random times he had always been good with counting and he'd been counting the seconds and minutes since he'd woken up. He might not know the time of day, but he could know how many hours he'd been in here.

Not that it was helpful, it just meant that he had something to do as not to lose his mind.

A loud bang on the door indicated someone was opening it, he glanced up, his visions shimmery and cloudy, unable to even see straight. He moved to stand, All For One having started to 'train' him to do certain things, mainly to greet him every time he entered.

The door swung open, but to his surprise, All For One wasn't the one entering. Was this another hallucination, he'd thought he was going to be rescued before, only for it to have been only a mental image he had thought up out of desperation. He couldn't trust his senses, they had lied to him too much since his arrival to this place.

He just stood still as the hallucination of his rescuers approached him, they asked him questions about whether he was alright but Izuku refused to respond, not that he could with how muddled everything was.

One of the hallucinations grabbed his arm and began to pull him toward the open door, he followed, not really having the energy to protest against his own mind.

He was led through the hallways, he assumed that his mind would trick him and lead him toward All For One. It hadn't been the first time his mind had done that, considering he wasn't even aware of where the exit even was.

However, to his surprise, the hallucination led him down a hallway that he hadn't even known existed. The hallway led to stairs, his hallucinations seeming to lead him upwards, the two of them conversing about what to do when they reached the exit. Izuku wished he could use his Quirks, especially Danger Sense, but he knew it wouldn't do much with how weak he was.

Finally, the hallucination led him through a large door, but when he walked through, he couldn't stop the way his legs collapsed underneath him.

He could see the sky, it was cloudy but that didn't matter right now.

With a shaky breath he looked around and saw a forested area, trucks and buildings littered the room, he was outside.

He was actually outside.

Izuku turned to his rescuers, who until this moment he had thought were hallucinations, and nearly broke down.

It was Leader.

Leader had saved him

He knew the man considered him a valuable member of the group, but he hadn't even considered the man would risk everything to rescue him. Especially considering the resources and time it would have taken, he didn't know what to do with that information. With the knowledge that he had been considered a priority by the man, the same man who had turned his back on him when he'd first met them inside of One For All.