Chapter thirteen

> unedited <

- Joey -

I stayed quiet.

"J-Joey.. p-please I'm.. s-so.. scared.." She cried.

I didn't even know what do.

"C-c.."

"I'm scared! Joey please!" She was totally losing it.

"Come home." I said and hung up.

Why would she do that? I mean, if someone killed my daughter, I would want payback too. But, not like this.. I think.

Exactly 20 mins later, I heard a car door slam shut, and footsteps. She swung open the door, her make-up was running down her face from her eyes.

I closed and locked the door, then hugged her tightly. She just kept crying, it was amazing how much tears a girl could hold.

I pulled her into the kitchen, washing her hands, face and another places that extra blood from the shot exploding.

"J..j." She stuttered.

"No sh.. go rest upstairs, I'll make you some tea."

"w-what.. I-I-I'm.."

"Cassie." I said.

She started at me for a long hard time, then nodded slowly, making her way up.

- Cassie -

I didn't only kill one.

I killed two.

One innocent.

One born a killer.

I slowly made myself up the stairs, I wiped my nose, with my hand. It was warm, sticky and wet. I trembled looking down at it.

Blood.

My heart started racing, and I thought about the pop of the gun, running through Chris's cold heart.

I couldn't keep it back anymore, I screamed at the top of my lungs, it burned so much. I held my chest, I must of scared Joey because as I screamed ceramic smashed against the title floor, and he ran up to me.

"What happened!?" He yelled a little bit a mad tell just, a reassuring yell? I couldn't really tell.

"N-no.. they.. n-need to take me.. a-away.."

"Cassie please, it's okay we'll figure it out."

"I d-don't w-wanna.."

He took my hand. But I pulled it back.

"D-don't you see that?!"

He looked down at our hands, confused.

"See what?"

"The.." I swallowed hard. "the blood.."

He looked concerned.

"There's nothing there."

Was I losing my mind?..

"Cassie, when you walked in I cleaned you off.."

What?.. That couldn't be possible..

"I can see the blood Joey! Why the hell cant you!? It's right there!"

"Cassie, go upstairs."

I looked at him then at my hand.

The blood was gone.

I was speechless.

Maybe I was going crazy.