-Chapter Two-

-
TW: Ideas/Hints toward Abuse

Enjoy
-

You watched each and every kid run into their parents' arms, smiling with joy. Jaxon wasn't able to pick you up since he was going to force himself to work overtime so he could help Markus pay for bills. He was only 16, even then, you knew he shouldn't overwork himself, hell... he even cut off from his studies.

The slightly hardened and sticky floor of the play structures never felt so comfortable. Markus couldn't pick you up as your... mother didn't let him drive, and she never really liked you. After all, according to her, you were a mistake, an unnoticed hole in the condom.

Gregory was supposed to leave like the other employees, but he stayed in the daycare...? That confused you. You quietly crawled to the other side of the structure, seeing Sun carry Gregory up the balcony. That was silly to witness from this distance. Moon would've followed up, but he turned around and... you assumed he scanned the place. His head tilted to the side but just went up to the balcony via the wire.

You had heard from your dad and brother that Sun used to have a rule of lights on, always... but that didn't matter with Moon no longer being in the same body. Which does mean that at the end of the day, if there's no huge motion on the ground of the daycare, the lights automatically turn off.

It... it was cold... Nothing you haven't felt before, but still cold. You slowly crawled to a little hidden spot in the play structure and curled in a small ball. You had learned to be quite flexible and able to hide in very small spaces that most kids couldn't fit in. You even learned that you could physically compress yourself into a small little shape. It kept you warm and made you feel... oddly safe.

The silence was so loud...

Silence was something you weren't used to, unlike the cold. There was always some sort of sound, even in the midst of the night. Music blaring from Jinx's room, a faint sobbing from your dad's room, the sound of your mother and her heels clacking against the floor after a night with her friends, or even just the sound of your own mildly silent sobs.

You knew you couldn't make a noise, Sun, Moon, and Gregory would know, and you'd get into trouble... and trouble meant punishment... something you never wanted.

()()

Suddenly, there was a loud scream. It startled you awake from your sleep... the sleep you had just been able to keep for longer than 5 whole minutes. The scream sounded like... it possibly came from Gregory, but you weren't sure.

The sound of metallic footsteps was what you could hear. It seemed that Sun and Moon went to go comfort the human that lived with them. A faint, muffled sobbing was the only thing you should hear from the balcony. It hurt your heart to hear a man sob, but you couldn't do anything, even with people you knew... mainly because of the fear it would bring.

You took this chance to try to sleep once more. The sound in the distance was all you needed, even though it was a grown man sobbing, probably into the chests of the daycare attendants. You weren't sure why, but you felt like... the animatronics kind of adopted Gregory. You knew of the complex emotions they held, such as love, so it could very well be that Gregory could possibly be dating, but it bothered you for that idea. The thought of them dating felt wrong, despite it being possible... but deep down, you knew they were like parents and son.

At that small thought, your eyebrows furrowed. You got easily jealous, and the thought of feeling someone else having a better family than you made you so upset... like you had a good family before, but now you don't, and it made you so upset and mad.

Even with your furrowed brows, you closed your eyes and just forced yourself to sleep, stopping any thought from occurring.

And, it worked. You actually fell asleep.

-
Heya!

No dialog, just inner thoughts without the direct thinking.

Now then, have a great Day/Night/Evening, my fellow weirdos!

719 Words
-