005. confessed deep like

on the way home from cousins, i texted taylor almost the entire time other than when conrad called and we talked about "plan belly." i was still waiting on a response from him when we made it home later in the afternoon.

tay tay texted and said that she was at carrieri's, and we planned on meeting there for dinner. on the way there, i stopped by kroger's and bought some red roses for her. after all, she did say that bad bitches need their roses too.

as i looked through the window, i saw her smiling sitting with some friends. "uh, hiii," taylor said. "hey ladies," i said before turning to the couple sitting across from them. "um... i'm so sorry. can i grab this from you?" i said, motioning to a chair.

they said yes, and i set it at the table next to taylor and looked at her and said, "i, uh, didn't know this was a group date."

"i never said this was a date," she said with a smile and the cutest laugh. i guessed that was true. we never clarified that it was. "cool. cool, cool, cool."

"those are pretty flowers, steven," one of taylor and belly's friends, katie, said to me. "thank you. yes, yes, flowers, yes," i said, remembering to give them to tay tay.

i turned to taylor and smiled before offering her flowers. "um, roses for my bitch."

she made a face, and i realized that i'd done something wrong. "did you just call taylor your bitch? what the hell, steven?" another one of taylor and belly's friends, evelyn, asked. 

i felt my face go pale, wondering if this could get any worse. "no, no, no, no. it's an inside joke, just forget it," taylor replied to evelyn, defending my actions. she then looked at me and smiled. "it's 'bad bitch,' dummy."

"yes, bad. that's... that's what i meant. that is what i meant," i said. taylor nodded with the cutest smile. "okay. thank you."

"so, how's my car?" i asked tay tay slyly. she inhaled sharply. "stop. are you serious right now?" i asked immediately. 

she shook her head and laughed, lightly hitting my arm. "no, i'm just kidding!" my face lit up as i erupted into laughter "you little..."

"zero dents, scratches, moving violations. like, no, it's totally fine," tay tay promised. "i'm just gonna get it washed in the morning, and then, then it's all yours. thank you for letting me use it."

my face softened. i would do anything for this girl. "anytime." 

she stared at the table and smiled lightly. "that's nice."

"so, steven, have you heard, um, milo's new stuff?" katie asked with a smirk. "you're kinda famous now."

this was news to me. "what?" i asked. taylor covered her face with her hands, obviously not wanting to participate in the conversation at hand. "okay. oh, my god. um... milo came home from the party in cousins..."

"yeah," i said, wanting to know more. "um, and he... he wrote an entire diss album about you," taylor said with an obviously annoyed eyeroll.

"it's pretty brutal," evelyn added. "how's your jaw, by the way?" katie asked.

"what?" i asked. "i mean, it sounds like he hit you pretty hard," katie replied. 

my eyes widened. they really all thought i'd been beaten up. at least tay tay knew the truth. "that's... no! no, no, no, no, no. that's bullshit, all right? just fyi, by the way, i'm the one who landed the take down blow." 

"not according to track three," another one of taylor's friends commented. "okay, can we just, like, not talk about milo's dumb ass right now, please? and thank you?" taylor asked. thank god.