3

Maya's POV:
1 week later:

I've seen Max a few times this past week, but to say it's been more awkward than bickering is an understatement.

Now I'm in my bathroom, blasting music and getting ready for a dinner that's been planned by THE Daniel Ricciardo. I'm wearing a white-dress with a Dior bag and heels I received as a gift from a photoshoot I did with them a few months back. I really had no energy to dress up because I've been so lazy lately, but knowing the group, I knew they would all come looking beautiful, so I didn't want to stick out like a sore thumb.

After getting ready, I had about 5 minutes to spare before I needed to leave the house. I received a message from Charles asking me if I wanted a ride with him, but I declined his offer so I wouldn't be a burden for him and Alex. Alex is Charles' girlfriend and I really like her. I haven't talked to her much, but the few times I have, she has been nothing but nice and positive.

20 minutes later:

I took an Uber to the dinner because the chances of me not drinking are pretty low, so no car for me. I thanked my driver and got out of the car. As I walked into the restaurant, it was absolutely beautiful. I really liked that the lighting here wasn't too bright; it was shining comfortably, not too dim or glaring. Just perfect.

I made my way to the table, and everyone was already there. It was kind of awkward being the last one to show up, but what can I do about it, you know? Daniel spotted me, and thank goodness he did, or I would've been too awkward to just walk in.

"IS THAT MAYAAA," exclaimed Daniel, making me laugh and prompting me to open my arms as he went in for a very bear-like hug. "Yes, it's me. Hi, Daniel," I said, still smiling. "Hi, how have you been, M?" The nickname made me really happy to hear, since only Daniel ever called me that. "I've been very good and relaxed. How about you?" I inquired. "Very good. I've been enjoying the boyfriend life," his comment elicited laughter from me. "Come on, sit down; there's only one spot left."

I looked at the table, greeted everyone, and when my eyes landed on the empty seat next to me, I realized I would be sitting next to freaking Max. Could this get any worse? The silver lining was that Pierre was seated on my left. Can't complain about that. I like Pierre, I met him through Charles since they are close friends. I've hung out him a lot and he is honestly just great. And quite the flirt.

I took a deep breath and gracefully slid into the seat between Max and Pierre. As I settled in, I couldn't help but notice that Max was glaring at me. However, I chose not to let it dampen my spirits. Instead, I gave him an intentionally annoying smile, a gesture that earned me an eye roll in response.

Throughout the dinner, Max and I barely exchanged words. It was as if an invisible tension filled the air between us. Meanwhile, Pierre seemed to be in a jovial mood, playfully flirting with me and cracking jokes. He leaned over and whispered, "Don't mind Max. He might act like he hates you, but trust me, he's lying." His words were accompanied by a charming grin that made me chuckle.

Pierre's playful banter continued as he shifted his hand onto my thigh, his touch light and casual. He had a knack for making me laugh, and his flirtatious demeanor managed to break through the initial awkwardness I felt. I found myself engaged in the conversation, enjoying the friendly atmosphere Pierre was creating.

As the evening progressed, I could feel Max's eyes on us from time to time, though I chose to ignore it. The witty exchanges and lightheartedness of the group made the dinner surprisingly enjoyable, despite the initial tension.

Authors Note
-
Ok guys in this part of the story PIERRE, MAYA AND MAX are the single ones . And don't worry KIKA will come in the story as Pierre's girlfriend but for now he is single and ready to mingle.
So what do you guys think about the chapter so far. I feel like it was a little rushed but 04:30 AM and I can't sleep but I got sleepy hallways while writing this😭