A man's best friend

(Author note Chase and Wuya talk And jack almost bleeds to death warning blood It's not really that much But like if he didn't learn what he could do to fix it this is where the story would end)

~30 minutes earlier~

Wuya and Chase still argue in the street. Both clearly just ready to stop, but neither wants to admit defeat.

"I swear to God. Why are you so upset today? I mean, I know you normally have a stick up your ass but you are just too much today. What is wrong!" Wuya yells, grabbing Chase's hair.

"You don't need to know!" Chase growls pushing her away. As Wuya stumbled back she smiled.

"Ha, I knew something was wrong. Now just tell me so we can get on with it!" She laughs pointing at him. This just makes Chase even more mad.

"There is nothing wrong!" He deflects, but Wuya won't let it go.

"Tell me chase." She pushed.

"Drop it Wuya" Chase goes to walk away, clearly holding back.

"No, if you know something you need to say it. We can't keep secrets. not right now." She glares at him. Chase turns around quickly and shouts at the top of his lungs.

"I think the dragon of metal is back!!" Wuya just froze processing what he said.

"What?" She asks, saddened cloaks her voice.

"I think the dragon of metal is back." Chase says more calmly. Looking away, he continues. "And I think spicer is the new dragon." Wuya's eyes fill with worry.

"Jack, you mean dumb, helpless, weird Jack. No no he's not strong enough to be the dragon of metal. No, he can't do it." She says, grabbing her hair, looking down, shaking a little. Chase grabs her shoulder.

"It's okay, I'm only half sure he asked me some very specific questions. So I don't know but he could be." He says, trying to calm her down. Even though neither of them would ever say it, Wuya truly cares for Jack like how a mom would care for a child.

"I can't lose him. Not like V he can't" Wuya seems to be on the verge of tears. After a minute chase managed to calm her down just in time for them to notice something going on down the street.

~now~

Jack lay on the grass, his side in pain as it bleeds. One of the monsters jumps down to attack him but he rolls out of the way just in time, barely missing it. Raimundo is the first to jump into action, ready to fight as the people around run away. Kimiko throws some fire at it as the others join in. Jack tries to stand up but is too weak. Chase clearly notices this and grabs him, putting him against a wall out of the way.

"Fuck that a lot of blood" Jack says, looking at his blood-soaked jacket. Chase looks at the wound, it's deep.

"You don't have to tell me anything but if I am right. Remember blood has iron in it." He says, looking Jack in the eyes. Jack looks confused at first until his face is washed over with realization. He nods as he starts to control some of his blood to stay in as chase runs back into the fight.

Jack tries to just focus on keeping his blood inside, but then someone comes out of the building. Everyone stops and looks at them.

"V?" Wuya says, looking at Victor. He smiles.

"Ah you guys are here, I guess I can finally get you guys." Victor says holding his dagger, jumping down. He instantly goes to attack Wuya. She blocks just in time.

"V what happened to you?" She asks, dodging his attacks.

"Oh great, now you are calling me that, first the dragon. I don't know who V is." The two continue to fight Wuya, trying not to hurt him too badly. Jack get fed up with this.

"Just punch him in the gut!" He yells this, getting Victor's attention but also distracting him as one of his daggers flies out of his hand, going straight towards Jack. Just before it hits him, biscuit jumps in, catching the dagger in his mouth.

"Good boy biscuit!" Clay yells, destroying one of the wolf monsters with Kimiko.

Biscuit turns to face Victor and Wuya, still holding the dagger, and runs towards them.

"That dog has a knife." Victor says, shocked at the sight right before Wuya punches him in the face, knocking him to the ground.

"You bitch!" Victor yells and goes to attack Wuya again but is stopped by his glowing earnings.

"Ha you guys lucked out, I already got what I came here for." He says as biscuit jumps on him, but he just takes his dagger back and whistles for the two other monsters to leave one limping way. So now are heroes just stand there not really knowing what just happened.

~at the temple~

Victor looks at Kabaneri full of worry.

"Master, why did you call me back? I was close to capturing Wuya and Chase?" Victor asks Kabaneri, just laughs.

"Why did I call you back? Well it's simple," Kabaneri, grabbing Victor's face roughly.

"You almost killed the most important thing in my plan. If that stupid mutt didn't get in the way of all my waiting, all my planning would have fallen, just gone away. But hey, at least you got what I needed" they say, grabbing a weird-looking key.

"Now this will guarantee victory." They laugh. Victor walks away feeling relieved that he wasn't punished. As he walked past some of the cages he couldn't help but look at them. After his talk with Dojo, he just hadn't felt right. Looking at Katnappe bruised definitely with a couple of broken bones, Victor felt something he had never felt before.

"Am I on the right side?"