Beautiful names

I sat at my desk, trying to concentrate on the work in front of me, but my mind kept drifting to Valentina. She was always on my mind, but today it felt different, like an unshakable feeling that something wasn't quite right. I picked up my phone and dialed her number, my heart racing as I waited for her to pick up.

"Hey," her voice greeted me, and I felt a rush of relief just hearing her speak.

"Hey, tesoro," I replied, leaning back in my chair. "Just wanted to hear your voice."

She chuckled softly. "Is everything okay? You sound a bit off."

"Yeah, everything's fine," I assured her, even though my worry lingered. "Just missing you, that's all."

"I miss you too," she replied warmly, and it made me smile.

We talked for a while, the conversation flowing easily as we discussed random things, from our plans for the weekend to what we were going to have for dinner. But then, in the middle of our conversation, I heard her gasp suddenly.

"Valentina, what's wrong?" I asked, sitting up straight in my chair.

"My water just broke," she said, her voice a mixture of excitement and nervousness.

I jumped to my feet, my heart pounding. "I'm on my way. Stay on the line, okay?"

As I rushed to the hospital, thoughts of Valentina and our babies consumed my mind. When I arrived, the hospital staff guided me to the waiting area. I watched as they brought out our twins, a mix of awe and fear washing over me. I immediately asked about Valentina's condition, and a nurse told me they were still working on it.

Hours passed, and finally, a doctor approached me with a somber expression. My heart sank as they delivered the heartbreaking news, and a mixture of fear and anger boiled inside me.

Valentina's siblings, seeing my distress, surrounded me, offering their support. But my thoughts were consumed by her, by the love we shared, and by the future we had dreamed of together.

Eventually, I mustered the strength to ask if I could see her. Stepping into the room, I felt my resolve waver as I saw her lying there, so fragile and still. I broke down, my emotions spilling over as I held her hand and pressed my head against her stomach, where our babies were growing.

"Valentina, wake up," I pleaded, my voice cracking. "I love you so much. Our babies need you."

And then, a miracle happened. I felt her hand tighten around mine, her fingers weakly gripping mine. The machine beeped, a hopeful sound that brought tears to my eyes. I called for the doctor, my heart pounding in anticipation.

The doctor's words were like a lifeline, a glimmer of hope. I stood by her side, holding her hand tightly as they continued to work on her. The road ahead might be tough, but I knew that as long as we were together, we could face anything.

"Valentina," I whispered, my voice filled with love and determination. "You're strong, tesoro. Keep fighting. I'm right here with you."

The hospital room was filled with a mixture of emotions – relief, gratitude, and a sense of overwhelming love. Valentina was in a stable condition now, and the tension that had gripped me earlier was gradually giving way to a glimmer of hope.

My parents and siblings arrived, concern evident on their faces as they questioned me about what had transpired. I explained the ordeal, how Valentina's condition had been critical, but now she was stable. I watched their expressions shift from worry to relief, their collective support serving as a reminder of how strong our family bond was.