Chapter 2 : His scent

The sun was already starting to set outside. Jimin had just woken up from his nap that had lasted way longer than a nap should have. He almost slept through the entire day, it was almost six in the evening and he could hear his stomach growling for something to digest. He got off the couch and walked to the kitchen only to remember that he had not bought any groceries. He sighed and took out his phone to order something in but he had zero reception. He did not have a wifi connection yet. Nor a new phone number. He ruffled his hair in slight frustration for putting himself into this without preparing anything properly. He definitely did not want to call Yoongi now, he lived pretty far. He did not know much about the area he was living in either and the thought of wondering out alone without a clue made his head spin. 

Then he remembered Taehyung. Maybe he could ask him for help? But he'll have to make a conversation with someone he met less than 24 hours ago. He walked to the landline and stared at the piece of paper that had the number written on it labeled "Help line ( Taehyung )". 

Okay I just have to call him and ask him if there is any good places to eat nearby. It won't be that hard. It is just a phone call. I don't even need to talk to him face to face. I can do this. 

He dialed the number and listened to the ringing sounds waiting for him to pick up. He didn't pick up. 

Well. What now. Do I try again? what if I'm bothering him? What if he ignored my call on purpose? Maybe he is busy. He might find me annoying if I call again. Or should I? 

His train of thoughts were cut off my the phone ringing. He picked up.

"Hello...Taehyung-sshi...." 

"Hello Jiminsshi. I am sorry I didn't pick up. I just came out of the shower and I was in the middle of wearing my clothes." He laughed slightly. 

"oh...o-okay..." He turned slightly red. Was that piece of information really necessary? 

"Is there a problem? Do you need something?" 

He cleared his throat slightly to not sound so feeble and have to repeat it in case he didn't hear him. "I was just wondering...if you knew...any...good places...to eat...nearby?" he asked slowly, choosing his words carefully. 

"Oh yeah what do you like to eat?" 

That put Jimin on pause. It was not on his expected list of responses. 

"Um...uh...dumplings?" he answered doubtfully, not so sure himself. 

"Oh thats great! there is a great dumpling place nearby. I'm a regular there. Do you want the address?" 

"address? um...okay...yeah...yes..." 

"Are you sure you can find the place by yourself though?" 

"I think so..." he mumbled. He did not think so. The probability of him getting lost was almost a 100 considering he had a terrible sense of direction and reading addresses. 

"Well since you're new here, how about I come with you? We can walk there. You can go by yourself next time. " 

"Go together...?" 

Taehyung hummed in response. 

"I don't wish to bother you, you really don't have to..."

"Oh its fine. Don't worry about it. I am free today anyways. Meet you down in 10 minutes?"

"Okay..."

He hung up. He walked to the bedroom frantically to look for something to wear. He wasn't expecting himself to spend time with another human so soon. He knows the "human" sounds pretty weird but that is how he always regarded to people. Humans. Humans scared him really. They are loud, noisy and made him feel incredibly vulnerable and nervous. He quickly changed into a white t-shirt and blue jeans. He walked down the building without wasting any time because he already felt guilty enough for making Taehyung come along though he said it was fine. People always said it was fine even if it wasn't. Most of them did at least.