Chapter 4: Having big hands is his fault

Today was an unusually quiet day for Jimin because he hadn't called Taehyung at all and therefore had no conversations except with himself and sometimes his chicken plushie. Well it more like he had called him but Taehyung did not pick up. He was a little disappointed but concluded he must be busy with his college work. But that was 3 hours ago and he was hesitant to call him again. He felt weird that Taehyung had not come to see him but then again he really didn't have a reason to. He sat in the corner of the couch quietly, immersed in his thoughts that were getting louder by every second a little too much for Jimin's liking. He reached for the bottle of pills he had been prescribed to use to calm his nerves. He walked to the kitchen to grab a glass of water when he heard the ringing of the landline. 

His legs moved faster than he could process it, he grabbed the phone in a second almost slipping in the process as he lifted it up to his ear and waited for the voice. His voice. 

"Jimin-ah, are you home?" 

Taehyung sounded different today. It was not the usual energetic Taehyung he heard on the other side of the line. He sounded tired. 

"Yes." Jimin replied. 

"I'm coming." he stated with the same the same low tone. 

"Okay." he said as he heard the beep of Taehyung hanging up. 

Not much of a minute later he heard a knock on his door. Jimin twisted the doorknob and pulled the door open, revealing the taller boy on the other side of the door. He did not get a very enthusiastic 'Jimin-ah!' like everyday, he was looking at Taehyung but Taehyung wasn't looking at him. This felt really weird to Jimin. He could feel that something wasn't right. He wanted to ask. He wanted to ask him if he was okay. He attempted to say a word before he felt Taehyung's body against his, his arms around his waist and his face in his neck. A slight gasp escaped Jimin's lips at the sudden amount of physical contact and the heavy scent of Taehyung burring his senses. He did not know how to respond to this. Even if he did he couldn't move a single muscle in is body.

Jimin was still trying to organize and process his thoughts which were in a clutter when he felt wetness pooling against his shoulder, seeping through the fabric of his T-shirt and ever so slightly coming in contact with his skin. He was crying. Taehyung was crying. That made his heart sink to depths he had never even imagined. He had so many questions, but he knew better than to bombard a person having a breakdown with interrogations. 

He brought his arms up slowly when he realized Taehyung wasn't pulling away any time soon. He placed his hands on his back making a terrible attempt at returning the hug but it did not go unnoticed by Taehyung. What could be so terrible enough to make someone like Taehyung shed tears? the thought crossed Jimin's mind. He wanted to know. But he also wanted Taehyung to feel better first. So he kept quiet and let Taehyung cry into his shoulder till his sobs slowed down and he couldn't hear anything except Taehyung's breathing near his ear. 

"My parents are getting divorced." he spoke in a sore voice.

 It broke Jimin to hear him like that. It hurt him so much he teared up. He never knew he was capable of feeling hurt seeing someone else being hurt. Maybe because he doesn't remember anyone ever making Jimin feel the way Taehyung did. He doesn't know how to name it but he knows only Taehyung can make him feel that way. And right now he wanted nothing but to make Taehyung feel at least a little bit better. He moved his hand up to his head and caressed Taehyung's soft curls ever so gently. They stayed like that in the doorway for what felt like an eternity, just basking in each other's embrace till Taehyung pulled away slowly. He looked him in the eyes this time and fuck, it hurt. 

Jimin felt like his heart was being ripped apart. A few tears escaped his eyes unconsciously as he held Taehyung's face in his hands and wiped his tears with his sleeve. "Why're you crying?" Taehyung whispered. "You're crying." Jimin mumbled, unable to look into his eyes anymore. Taehyung smiled gently, his heart feeling lighter. "Thank you. For making me feel better." Jimin shook his head gently because he really hadn't done much at all and he was disappointed in himself for that. "Don't cry for me often though." Jimin looked up again, attempting to defend himself because he really hadn't expected himself to react that way either but Taehyung continued. "I might fall." Jimin stared at him baffled. "Fall?" Taehyung hummed in response. It confused Jimin more. He looked down to check if he had got hurt in his legs or so.