Chapter 8 Not the first time

The days were starting  to get cold as winter approached and Jimin absolutely hated having to step outside even to take out the trash but that was something he could not avoid. He had thrown the last packs of unused bread out, discovering that morning they were way past the expiry which was pretty weird because he had assumed it had gotten over at the rate Taehyung was consuming them everyday. He closed the door, shutting out the cold wind and letting the warmth of the apartment sink into him. Something about winter just ticked Jimin off but he did not know what. He wasn't sure if he even wanted to know. He breathed out and settled into his couch when his phone rang, the familiar tune of some old Taemin song Jimin did not remember setting as his ringtone. 

He picked up the call, pressing the phone to his ear, "Hey Yoongi hyung." 

"Good morning jimin. What are you up to?" 

"uhm nothing much. Just this and that. Keeping myself entertained."

"Right. Any plans for Christmas?" 

"Not really...this whole vibe is just, not sitting good with me for some reason." 

"I think you should go out more, make friends."

"I do have friends. um the house owner's son is nice to me!" 

"I don't know if thats considered but I wanted to talk to you about something." 

"Yeah alright go on..." he was glad yoongi didn't dig into it, he wasn't sure he was ready to tell about taehyung to yoongi yet heck he didn't even know what taehyung thought about it. They really hadn't had the 'are we boyfriends now' talk yet despite acting very boyfriends-like. 

"Your parents called me. They'd like you to go to theirs for christmas. They miss you." 

"oh.." he was quiet for a while unable to comprehend why he hadn't received that call directly himself.  "Yeah...that'll be fine. I'll talk to them." 

"Good. Take care. And socialize okay?"

"okay dad okay bye bye" 

"I'm serious-"

The doorbell interrupted the conversations exciting Jimin. "My friend is here i'll talk to you later hyung see you." The call was cut before Yoongi could reply. Took Jimin less than one second to open the door and practically throw himself onto Taehyung who grunted in surprise. 

"I missed you too." he chuckled, walking inside with jimin clinging to him. "What did you do today without me?" 

Jimin looked up at him smiling, "missed you" 

"Besides that?" he smiled back. 

"I ate. Took out the trash." 

"You ate?" Taehyung smiled, running his fingers through Jimin blonde locks, receiving a nod in return. "I'm so proud of you." he uttered, rewarding him with a kiss on his forehead. Jimin's heart flipped. It made him happy knowing that Taehyung knew how much effort he had to put into something people do normally without any efforts. It made him feel weird and abnormal but he was getting through it and was glad to have Taehyung rewarding his efforts in silly little ways. 

"My parents called me home for Christmas." he announced as Taehyung dropped down onto the couch with Jimin. "Thats great. You should go. I'm sure you miss them." Jimin nodded. "But for now i'm staying with you." "Yes you are." taehyung spoke agaisnt a kiss on his lips. "Wanna watch a movie?" 

"I'd rather watch you." a quirky smile formed on taehyung's lips. 

"you do that everyday let's watch a movie." Jimin whined a little not flattering down at his flirting.