Chapter 12: The Graveyard

Nathan Gamble as Harry

###

There's nothing

It's dark

But I can hear him

Harry

'April! It's your fault!

You were supposed to be there!

Why weren't you there?

April?'

BANG!

"HARRY!"

I sat bolt up, sweat drenching my sheets and clothes. I couldn't breathe. I felt my throat close and tears began to fall down my cheeks in torrential streaks. Panic attack.

I fell onto my sheets on all fours, making a noise somewhere between sobbing and gasping for breath. I let out a small but loud scream as the fear of the situation over took me. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't-

My door opened with a bang. I couldn't see who it was, but I doubted it was Cathy. I heard Logan rush to the bed and climb on top of the sheets next to me. His hands gripped around my stomach and he pulled me onto his lap, into his arms. He took my face in his hands and turned it towards him. He was close enough that I could see him even though I wasn't wearing my glasses.

He took a deep breath in, encouraging me to do the same. I tried to follows his example, but couldn't seem to drag in the air. I started to panic again and he could see it. He caught my gaze, giving me a serious look, even though I could see the worry swimming in his eyes.

'April,' he seemed to be saying. 'Stop freaking out. Breathe.'

He breathed in again, and this time I managed to grasp enough air to copy him. He breathed out and I followed. Finally, after a few more breaths, I was breathing evenly again. He gave me a small smile, and I burst into tears on his shoulder. At least I could breathe this time.

I felt him tighten his grip around me and run his fingers through my hair.

"Shhhhh," he murmured.

It took me a second before I realised that Logan had made a noise! I looked up from his shoulder and raised my eyebrows at him.

"You spoke!" I splattered, making a noise between sob and a gasp. "I mean, sort of. You made a sound! With your mouth!"

I sounded like a lunatic. Probably looked like it too in my sweaty pyjamas, my bed hair and my red splotchy face.

I felt Logan's hands brush my stray sweaty hair behind my ears, then everything began to come into focus as he pushed my glasses onto my face. He was smiling at me. Without warning, he leaned forwards and placed a kiss to my forehead. His warm lips lingered. I closed my eyes at his touch, tears silently leaking out of the corners of my eyes.

It was that moment that I realised that I could tell Logan anything and everything. I could tell him about Harry. And even though I knew I would cry, and it was going to hurt, it wouldn't matter, because Logan would make me feel better. He liked me for me, and I was the best me when I was with him.

"Logan," I started, struggling to keep my voice even. "I need you to come with me somewhere, to talk to someone that I haven't seen in about two years."

He shot me a confused look, and I took a breath before continuing.

"I need you to come with me to the grave yard to visit Harry. He died two years ago today."