Chapter 17: The Truth

I was awake but my eyes were still closed. I took me a second to remember the events of the night before, but once they came flooding back to me in incredible detail, I did nothing to open my eyes.

I suddenly became very aware of the strong arms around me, doubling as my blanket and my pillow. However, I was still incredibly uncomfortable. As it turns out, park benches do not make good beds. Who knew?

I opened one eye blearily, and nearly had a heart attack. A face full of hair was right up next to mine. I let out a small gasp and drew back slightly.

"You kids okay?" asked the owner of the dog, a middle aged man dressed in fitness gear.

I sat up, glancing down at a sleeping Logan who I was surprised, yet amused, to see was drooling slightly.

"We're fine," I said to the man. "We just um... lost track of time."

The man smiled in a, 'yeah, sure that's what happened'  sort of way before saying, "Well, just make sure that you two get home."

The man was turning to leave when I asked him what the time was.

The sun was up, but it was still early, putting it anywhere between five and six thirty in the morning.

"Quarter past five," the man stated, briefly checking his watch before turning and jogging off, his dog leading the way.

I groaned inwardly and pulled my phone from my bra, where I had stored it last night. The first thing I saw was my reflection on the blank screen.

My hair was a mess and my face, well, long story short, I looked like a panda!

I clicked my phone on a saw like a hundred missed calls and messages from Cathy, Chip, Sophie, Dad and Mum. Even Mark had tried me once. Almost all of them were asking me where I was, was I alright. Except Cathy:

:Ok, job done! I want details now!

:Seriously where are you guys?!

:Wait! You guys better not be hooking up at my house!

:I will kill you if you mess up my house!

:No losing your virginity in my house APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Within a space of four minutes I may add.

I felt kind of bad about it, but I texted her back first.

We're fine. Sorry about stealing your car. We're NOT  at your house and I'm still a virgin.

She responded instantly. I swear she had her phone duct taped to her hand sometimes.

That's ok. Spent the night at Mark's. Nice guy. Too bad he's gay. I WANT DETAILS!

I was glad she hadn't made a comment on my virginity.

I quickly looked over the other messages. The majority were from Chip and dad, asking where I was. There were a few from Sophie. She asked the same thing, but also asked if Logan was with me. She told me to stay with him if he was.

Mum only sent one message:

I'm so sorry April. Come home soon please so that I can explain. I was going to tell you, I promise. I love you honey. Be safe and come home. Please.

Now I felt really bad.

I turned to Logan and watched him for one more moment before kneeling down beside the seat and gently leaning forward to kiss him on the cheek.