Chapter 18 : The Family Dinner

Logan and Cathy decided to stay for dinner. I think Logan wanted to make a good impression on my mum, and Cathy, well I think she just wanted to stick around and see how it played out.

Logan and I set the table alone in the dining room. We hadn't actually been alone together a lot that day. Mum or Dad or Chip were always in the room with us. It was like they expected us to start getting it on the moment we were out of their sight. I blamed Logan's flamboyant way of telling them about us.

There was something else playing on my mind as well. Me and Logan has been dating for literally only a day. In that time, we had made out, pissed off his aunt, made out a little more, slept together on a park bench and come out to my family, and now my boyfriend was going to have his first official sit down dinner with my family (and Mark and Cathy). We hadn't even been on a date yet. It was all moving just a little too fast!

I think Logan noticed something in me at that moment because as I placed the last fork down on the tablecloth, Logan took my hand and pulled me into his chest, drawing my attention up to his face. I felt my heart flutter at the unexpected move and tried to fight the blush making its way to my cheeks.

He raised his eyebrows at me and I dropped my gaze to his chest and let a sigh escape my lips.

"I think we're moving a little fast," I whispered. I looked back up at Logan. He wasn't looking at me anymore. He had a light frown on his face and his icy-blue eyes were cast down. Worried I had offended him, I rushed, "Not that all of this hasn't been great! The last day has been amazing! But the thing is, it really has only been a day and I don't want to rush this."

Logan's eyes snapped back up to me and he pulled me away from the dinning room to the living room where he sat down, pulling me down beside him. He gave me a look that told me to continue.

"You're my first boyfriend Logan, and, as such, I have no clue what the hell I'm supposed to be doing as your girlfriend. But, I think I'm doing okay." Logan smiled and went to kiss me, but going against the fan girl in me, I put my hand up. I wouldn't be able to finish talking if he was kissing me. "At the same time though," I continued, "You're about to have a sit down dinner with my entire family and, well, it's been less than twenty-four hours, and we haven't even been on a date yet."

Logan frowned and took my hand in his and rubbed his thumb over my knuckles. I watched him for a second, his eyes gazing intently down at out joint hands. Suddenly it was like he had a light bulb moment. His head snapped up and he gave me a triumphant, yet nervous looking smile.

He stole my phone from the back pocket, his fingers purposely sliding across the strip of skin between my pants and where my shirt had risen up. I felt goose bumps spread up my arms and the heat rise to my face.

"Logan!" I scolded, though I could feel the smile I was fighting. He sent me a mischievous grin before opening my phone (he knew my password now) and started writing a message into my reminders app. I tried to take a peep over his shoulder, but he turned so that I couldn't see it.

"Hey! Let me see!" I cried, not managing to hide the laugh in my voice.

Logan winked at me, before handing me the phone. I cast him a suspicious look before reading what he had put in my reminders.

"Meet your hot boyfriend at the park where you introduced him to Jane Austin at 9:00am"

I snorted at his message before realising what this was. This was my first official date!

I smiled and leaned against him slightly. "I'll see you there, just promise me we're going to take this slow. Deal?"

Logan sighed and nodded, sending me a small smile before quickly dipping his head in towards me, too fast for me to pull away.