Worth

(Hi💗✨️ have a good day/night, Love you 💗)

This "oh" could have been about everything. It could sound like a surprise, like a realization or a disappointment. Kim's brain chose the last one. It immediately chose to put his own self in a discomfortable situation. It was the despicable reality that his work would always only be seen as something less than any other work in the world, next to other works too, mostly physical business, always looked down at by mental ones. Kim wasn't getting this from Porchay's mother but from his own experience. He wasn't just imagining it, this "oh" could really have been that. The same way she wasn't expecting the gardener to be her son's boyfriend, the same man at his friend's table who stopped talking too much to him the moment he learnt about his job. 

The way people are surprised that he knew some books, that between those flowers and trees, he could still have knowledge. Kim was just feeling all of his past overflow that situation. He just stood up and greeted them politely, smiling hugely like he could do, lying with all of his teeth. He would let them be a family. Porsche was the one to protest, telling him that soon he might be part of it so he better stay, but he just whispered that he hoped and walked away. Porchay walked with him. Porchay felt that something was wrong. He never saw that smile on Kim's face and wanted to never see it again. The fakeness was really obvious for him who knew and had a clear idea of how happiness looked on his boyfriend.

"Are you sure that you don't want to go inside?"

"No, it's okay." Kim smiled again, sincerely this time and it relieved the boy, this rigid expression from before wasn't for him.

"Then." Porchay said, kissing him longly, letting their lips just touch each other enough. "Please, tell me when you are ready what happened?"

Kim just nodded, taken by surprise. He didn't think that he acted bad and yet Porchay saw that something felt wrong. He sighed walking back, the rain had stopped but puddles could be seen on the ground. He jumped in one. Kim jumped in and wondered if everyone jumping in would also have mud on their clothes after. Or would he be the only one because he was less than anyone else because of what he was doing for a living? He laughed at his, he thought, stupidity. Now he had a mother-in-law to convince of his worth, a bad first impression and mud on his trousers.

—-

"Did I do something?" The mother asked, witnessing Porsche's bad expression.

"Please. Mum, I told you his boyfriend would be here and you didn't even think that it could be our gardener?"

"That's not it Porsche ! I just saw him and thought ah Kim our gardener, but didn't make the link with that person who should be here..." She quietly said, talking less louder the more she talked, realizing how wrong it had been. "Okay...I see...omy; I didn't even realize..."

"That's it Mum! I told you to be careful...you don't always see how bad your words are...but we love you...just you will need to apologize." Porsche said, hugging his mother.

Porchay opened the door, his cheeks immediately growing grumpily. "Chay..." His mother tried, looking deeply sorry.

"Why couldn't you just...just wait for me to talk? You have no idea what you just did..." He complained, tears appearing in his eyes.

"Wait, are you two still together?" She panicked, running to hug her smallest one.

"Yes...but P'Kim...P'Kim is so fragile and he looks down on himself a lot..."