𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻. "t̶r̶e̶k̶ t̶h̶e̶ l̶a̶b̶y̶r̶i̶n̶t̶h̶"

Yineri reaches down to cut the berry with tremulous fingers while her other hand desperately clings to the side branches for support. Lo'ak has been gone for minutes and she is growing progressively gluttonous as time passes; hence, she is making every endeavor to harvest these berries by herself. Sadly, the tumpasuk drupes split open once they've fallen into the trug that Yineri intentionally placed underneath.

"Ah, shit!" The berry breaks open again, revealing its mushy entrails. Her subsequent attempt has failed, and she's left with an empty basket and a gaping gullet of dismay. "How long will that dimwit be gone?" A deep and unarticulated gurgle in her throat occurs. Yineri bangs her head against the tree, seeking the transitory alleviation offered by its robust bough. Perhaps if she's lucky, she might coax a few of the fruits into her vacant receptacle.

"Who's the dimwit?" A rugged, resonant tone of a masculine voice echoes through the stillness. Yineri swiftly snaps her neck, only to find Neteyam staring back at her with an inquiring look on his face, his eyebrows tightened in wonderment, and an amiable smile tugging at the fringes of his lips.

She hastily fixes her posture, sitting up with her feet hanging by her side. "I think you already have a clue who it is," she says with obfuscated indignation, trying hard not to let her eyes roll at the scantiest thought.

Neteyam's chest pounds with a sonorous chuckle. "Please forgive my brother. On his behalf, do you need help with picking the berries?" He queries with a benevolent bearing.

"Ummm...'' Yineri pauses, she mulls over whether to protract her wait for Lo'ak or bring the matter to a swift resolution with Neteyam's help.

Taking note of her havering, the boy feels compelled to conciliate and persuade her for his assistance. He speaks up to offer her succor, "It is a two-person job; he probably won't be back until later," he beams ardently.

With a grudging nod, she finally acquiesced to his proposal. "All right. It is not like I can do this by myself anyway." She returns his grin.

Neteyam ventures off in search for a net near the brook where fishermen leave their appurtenance. After discovering an unmarred one, he retraces his steps back to the berry pod, where Yineri is waiting with serenity and patience.

"I found a net!" His eyes glisten with elation as he parades it before Yineri's waiting eyes. Neteyam holds the woven net below, ready to catch the berry-laden strand with ease. As for the girl, she alters her pose and prepares to slice the fruit free from its pod.

Working diligently as a team, Yineri's dexterous fingers dissever each berry from the pod one at a time, while Neteyam's heedful hands swiftly catch each one into the entwined net. He maintains a watchful eye on each descending berry, and with each passing moment, the basket is filled to the brim with their hard-earned harvest. Once the pod is completely void of its luscious berries, Neteyam disburdens the contents of his net into the basket.

As Yineri gazes down on Neteyam from above, she feels a sense of relief. Even though the Sully boy, who has a penchant for disregarding his duties has once again walked away from his responsibilities, the better brother is there to take his place for the meantime.

Appreciating the gestures, she utters her gratitude in a deferential and timid "Thank you" to Lo'ak's older brother.

With parted lips and shallow breaths, Neteyam's mystified gaze is fixated on her, and he flashes a mazed grin as he industriously garners the fruits into the crate. "This is nothing; I am glad I can help." His tone, together with his grin projects a sense of reassurance and sincere desire to assist.

As she disembark gingerly from her perch atop the tumpasuk tree, Yineri lends a hand to Neteyam by extracting the berries off of the strand-each of which making a snapping sound when plucked.