𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁. "i̶r̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ c̶h̶o̶i̶c̶e̶s̶"

The mind is a boundless sea, where a measureless surge of ideas and thoughts gyrate and flow freely. In the fervent moment of repudiation, the heart seems to churn then drop, declining all thoughts to proliferate and be devoid of possible repercussions, resolving the person to say or make irrational choices that are irreversible.

Overestimating the circumstance results in overt physical expressions that suggest trepidation, and when Lo'ak met Neteyam's eyes, a surge of understanding passed through the brothers, which only heightened Lo'ak's worries. He knows that he will consequently encounter Neteyam's insistent questions when he returns home. He can only visualize what Yineri might have revealed to Neteyam during their fruit-gathering enterprise.

But Lo'ak has other concerns as well.

Shoving aside Neteyam and Yineri from his thorny fetter of thoughts, the voice in his head drags Petika's words like sled dogs pulling a heavy load through the snow. He isn't significantly impacted by the revelation that she didn't want to make their relationship public; he is more upset by the thought that if he were seen alone, he would look like an ignominy to his father. That is, at least, what he anticipates happening.

Life is a game, it was the guidance of his father that helped him see it this way. Lo'ak took Jake's analogy too literally and lived his life opposite to his lauded brother.

He understands the gravity of his actions yet he continues to play like they were cards and he was making the moves, predicting the outcomes. He never truly recognizes it when he's the one being tossed and fooled around like a marionette.

His eyes stray as much as his thoughts do. Solution is what he craves for, no matter how foolish or moronic it may be. Regardless of its idiocracy — it can be as stupid as him; he will accept it.

A game of rock Jenga with Rawn and his human friend Spider doesn't give him good ideas either. His friends' excitable titters contrast with his taciturn demeanor.

"Bro." The back of Spider's hand meets Lo'ak's shoulder in a loud slap. "Your turn."

The boy shudders at the startling pat on his skin, hauling back his attention to the game in hand. "Oh, right."

Lo'ak heaves a jaded breath as he lethargically selects a rock to be picked from the Jenga tower. His friends watch him expectantly, both wincing as his finger hovers over stones that can potentially cause the downfall.

Ultimately, Lo'ak makes a lackadaisical decision by selecting a rock that sends the pillar tumbling down. His friends observe in stunned silence as the tower falls to pieces. One scratching his head, gazing at the structure in pure dismay, while the other looks away with pinched lips, feeling the loss of their hard-built creation.

A slight roll of his eyes, Spider diverts his head from the fallen tower, back to Lo'ak. "We've been at this for an hour. It's okay if you don't wanna play."

"Yes, Lo'ak, it is fine. Spider and I can just play together," Rawn spoke words that could satisfy the Sully boy's ears.

Not a titter nor a sigh escaped the prison of what is Lo'ak's lips. His jaw tightens and loosens, before it eventually unrolls a curt suspire. Gathering the stones from the ground, Lo'ak says in a competitive fashion, "Nah, I want to play. Let's try again."

"You sure?" Spider asks.

"Are you all right, bro? Is it Neteyam again?" Rawn uses humor to allay the tension on Lo'ak's face, typified by his knitted eyebrows.

However, his jocular jester only drags the conversation to mud. Lo'ak's worries are about Neteyam, but Yineri is also a part of it, as well as Petika and her rejection.