Chapter Thirty-Two

—First Person POV.—

On this night, the clouds above didn't allow the moonlight to grace us with its rays—instead dropping a veil of darkness across the once vibrant fields and making our fire stand out much more than usual.

I'm sitting beside the flames, letting the warmth grace my features as I held the front of my shirt up just high enough to showcase the side of my stomach for the Barbarian.

I jolted when the cream meets my skin—the feeling of his fingers lightly rubbing it into the little wounds not being too bad compared to the first time I had dealt with similar scratches.

At the thought, I sneak a glance at my scarred arm and pause, causing my arms to droop slightly.

"Up." Katsuki grunts, bumping my elbow with the back of his hand and causing me to quickly raise the hem of my shirt once more—allowing him to continue his task.

"Sorry.." I mutter, shivering once he presses a bit more of the cold cream to another scratch.

It's been a while since he had started, yet, I still jump slightly the moment the cool salve met my skin, causing the Barbarian to huff in annoyance "Stop moving, this shits too shallow to hurt that bad."

"Its cold." I complain, my voice low with a grumble as my eyes cast over to the ash-blonde knelt down a bit to the side of me.

"Well, I can't control the temperature so fuckin' deal with it and stop moving." He repeats, not even bothering to glance my way.

I silently mimic his words while making a face towards the Barbarian before my expression falls into a deadpan and I turn away—my eyes glancing off to one of the houses nearby.

In the darkness of the night, the hue of turquoise peaks through the cracks of the old wood and filters eerily through the fog.

And as if on cue, movement shuffles over the glow—the figure approaching with the sound of rustling as his shoes met the flowers below and I don't need to freak out when I catch sight of the familiar horns and wings attached to the shadow.

I watch as the light finally brushes against Eijiro's features, showcasing those slitted pupils looking downwards before flickering up and briefly meeting mine.

"Hey." I greet lightly, causing his steps to stutter to a stop as he quickly averts his gaze and fixates his attention to the left "Hey." His body walks off in that direction.

I pause, watching the Dragon for a few moments as he starts eating dinner before casting a glance to Katsuki and seeing that he hadn't paid any mind to the whole interaction.

"Can I bother you with talking for a second?" I wonder in a hushed voice, my attention finally casting away from the Dragon as Katsuki deadpans.

"You always bother me, but go ahead." He says through his teeth—almost as if he's forcing himself to answer while those vibrant eyes stay focused on the task at hand.

"Do you know why Eijiro is avoiding me now?" I ask, though I had a good idea of what it could be that's bothering the Dragon—I still wanted some outside perspective on the matter.

Katsuki's blood-like irises flicker up as if to ask if I was serious.

"Isn't it obvious?" He leans back slightly and makes a gesture towards the cuts on the side of my stomach.

"But it was an accident—" I start and the Barbarian rolls his eyes before continuing his work, his fingers brushing along my skin and working the salve into the cuts.

"Accident or not, the guy's always been careful about touching people." He comments, while I watch him with furrowed brows "Is it because of his quirk?"