5

I suddenly receive a text from Ji-Won.

"Hey Eun-Ji. You good? I heard you got burned." I read.

"I'm fine, Ji-Won. I gotta go, I- I um need to do something. Bye!!" I quickly hang up.

I don't even know why I did that. I felt embarrassed, as if I was caught or something. It was weird. I felt guilty. Didn't know why, but I did.

I continued my day, doing the usual. Studying, working on assignments, and doing housework. I haven't seen Joshua or Ji-Won the entire day.

[7PM EST]

[7PM EST]

I was watching TV when Joshua suddenly texted me.

"Hey Eun-Ji, you left your jacket at my house. Do you want me to come give it to you?" It read.

I was confused. I then remembered my white sweater, I was wondering where it went. I just recently bought it..

I didn't want him to come to my house. It would make people misunderstand, my neighbors are extremely nosy and would kill for any drama. They already know about Ji-Won's relationship with Joshua.

Before they found out, they thought I was dating him. Crazy, huh? If Joshua came here, the news would spread faster than the speed of light.

I decided to head to his house instead. Although, it's even worse. At least he doesn't have nosy neighbors who would interrogate you like a police officer.

"I'll come pick up the jacket, it's mine so I would feel guilty if you had to come all the way here. Thanks anyway." I messaged.

A second later, he read my message. He didn't say anything but he read it. It made me nervous, no idea why.

I quickly put on a jacket and went out. It's extremely cold, it's below freezing.

I took a taxi to his house

I took a taxi to his house. As I got out of the taxi, I admired his large house. It was on another level.

I rang the doorbell. Nobody answered. I rang it again but nobody answered.

I decided to enter anyway. It felt rude but I just needed to quickly get my jacket. As I entered the house, I was greeted with a very 'welcoming' scene.

Ji-Won and Joshua were kissing. They looked so intimate. I looked away, not wanting to look like a pervert. I grabbed my jacket that was placed on the coat rack and attempted to leave immediately.

Ji-Won noticed me.

"Eun-Ji?" I turn around.

I laugh awkwardly. "H-hey Ji-Won!"

"What are you doing here? Oh..did you see.." she looks embarrassed.

"I saw nothing! Nothing at all. I just needed my jacket, I'll be on my way then." I ran away from the scene.

Even after all those years, seeing Ji-Won and Joshua being intimate, made me feel weird. I didn't like it one bit. It's natural for them to be like that because they're a couple but, it just felt off.

I gaslighted myself into thinking I don't have any feelings for him anymore but, was that really the case here?