7

"Hey, Eun-Ji, thanks a lot for your help." he said as he opened the door for me.

"Of course. You better treat Ji-Won right." I joke.

He chuckles and drives to the mall. He drives with one hand on the steering wheel and one rests on the window. I hated how much I liked it..

The employees greet me and Joshua, it seems he's a regular here. I look around and all I see are overwhelming numbers.

"..Joshua, you sure you wanna buy cologne here..?-" I nudge him.

He just smiles and looks around.

Surprisingly, the shop is still full of rich customers this late at night.

Joshua picks up one of the colognes. He smells it and sprays a small bit of it on his wrist.

"Eun-Ji, how about this one..?"

As I lean closer to smell the scent, some rushes past me and pushes me into Joshua.

He and I are touching. He's holding me by my waist, away from the man that rushed past.

I look away from the rude man and onto Joshua. He realizes I'm staring at him, for a second, our eyes were locked on each other.

I felt my face heating up. I break the eye contact immediately and move away from him.

"Sorry." I didn't know what to say.
"T-this smells great, you should get it."

Joshua didn't say anything, he just stared at me.

"Hey, why are you staring at me like I just committed murder.." Unintentionally, I let out a laugh that was obviously sarcastic.

He sighs. "Let's go, Eun-Ji. Thanks for helping me out." He smiles, for some reason, it feels fake.

When I got home, I was exhausted. I couldn't sleep though. My thoughts were filled with Joshua, he was the only thing I could about. I couldn't help but blush every time I thought about it.

(The next day)

As I was going to the bathroom for a shower, I gasped at my reflection in the mirror. My eye bags are extremely noticeable and dark. After I got out of the shower, I put on LAYERS of makeup. Hoping that it's unnoticeable, I walk out of my apartment.

I suddenly received a call from Ji-Won. "Hey Eun-Ji. What's this?"

Ji-Won sends a picture in the chat. "Explain yourself, I wanna see what you can come up with."

My heart dropped when I saw the photo. "Ji-Won..I swear it's not what you think. Joshua and I were out buying cologne."

"Cologne? What a joke. Eun-Ji, I once had a thought, I suspected you two once. I brushed it aside because I never thought YOU, would back stab me like that." She hangs up without letting me explain myself.

I felt like crying. I knew I didn't do anything with him but why do I feel so guilty? Do I really have a crush on Joshua, my best friend's boyfriend?

(Thanks for reading this far! I felt like the story was going too slow so I had to speed it up with some problems. I apologize for any grammatical mistakes. Stay tuned for more chapters!)