6

I couldn't sleep that day. All I could think about was Joshua. I hated seeing him with Ji-Won. Why though?

Even I was confused. I couldn't control my feelings. I decided to overcome this by avoiding him as much as possible. The more I look at him, the more confusing it gets. He looks at me with sincerity. That's the weird thing.

I can't tell if he thinks of me as a sister, friend, or more than that.

(7AM EST)

I wake up to the sound of my loud ass alarm. Whenever I hear it, it gives me shivers. I swear, I got PTSD from itq.

I quickly dress up, I have a morning class at 9. While I get ready, I get a notification from Instagram. Joshua Hong liked my photo.

I was staring at that notification for two minutes until I realized my whole face was red. What the hell? I flip my phone around and pack my bag with my computer and notebook.

I sighed and made my way out of my apartment. I had a couple of minutes so I decided to grab a coffee on the way. The coffee at this place was incredible. No words can describe how delicious it is.

I walked into the shop and I was greeted by this young man, around my age. He was quite good looking.

"Hey, I hope you're having an amazing day so far. What can I get you?" He says.

"Oh, can I get an iced Americano?" I reply.

"Sure! It'll take a second, please be patient." He says. He had the prettiest smile ever. I hate to admit it but, he was exactly my type.

"Are you new here? I know all the employees here, you're unfamiliar to me.." I try to start a conversation.

"Yeah! I just started working about a week ago. You seem around my age, can I talk comfortably with you?" He asks, politely.

"Of course. What's your name?" I look at him, while he's preparing the drink.

"My name is Mingyu. How about you?" He looks into my eyes, as if he was teasing me.

I smile

I smile. "My name is Eun-Ji." He places the iced Americano on the counter.

"Oh crap

"Oh crap." I look at my watch, checking the time. I have a minute left before class starts! I quickly grab my coffee and rush out without paying. Surprisingly, Mingyu doesn't stop me.

I guess he has a lot of trust in me. I am a regular here, after all.

"Tsk. You forgot to give me your number, idiot." He smirks as he turns around and fills the container with coffee beans.

I quickly rushed to the building, taking my seat. My professor scolds me for being late, like always.

Later that evening, I was writing another essay on this story when Joshua called me. It was FaceTime.

I got flashbacks from the time I answered for Ji-Won. Oh goodness. I picked up the call after a few seconds of ringing, "hello?"

"Hey, Eun-Ji. Can you do me a favor?" He asks. He's on his bed, har wet. It was weirdly attractive.

"..hm?" I say.

"Help me pick out a scent. Ji-Won and I are supposed to be going on a date on Saturday, I need a new cologne. Obviously, I can't ask her." Joshua suggests.

"When? It's kind of late, so tomorrow?" I say, thinking about the time.

"No, I can't tomorrow. I have to go somewhere with my mom. We gotta go today, the mall opens late till 11, we'll be fine." Joshua says. He caresses his hair.

"Right now?" Confused.

"Yeah, I'll pick you up, Eun-Ji. Please? I need to smell good for Ji-Won.." he whines.

"..fine." I sigh. I quickly end the call and get ready.