The start.

My sore knuckles bled in protest as I continued to ram my fists into the beaten, fading punching bag. At least I had been kind enough to wrap them this time.

Between jabs I caught glimpses of myself in the mirror. My hair was scraggly and untamed, ringlets curled where ever they wanted to, and bounced with the force of my punches. My eyes were still red from rubbing tears away, the puffy bags underneath them formed for the same reasons. My eye mask gripped tightly in one of my shaky hands as they continued to pump away vigorously. For once I allowed myself to grin slightly at the sight of my toned arms which gleamed with sweat.

Despite all my years of being arguably the number one target for evil nothing had hurt as much as the breakup, however the way I dealt with this pain put me in terrific shape.
I grumbled, realising I had distracted myself when I didn't feel the collision of my hand on the bag.

The coldness of the air around my arm reminded me of how I felt and I looked back down at myself, only to see that a decent chunk of me was missing.

At the sight of my arm falling through a pitch black hole I squealed. I had never seen a power like this before. Who ever it was was trying to come for me, they were new.
On reflex I slapped my mask into my face, feeling the force of the hole begin to suck me in.
In retrospect I should have resisted more.

Darkness. Pitch black darkness.