Chapter 3-Daily Life 7

*Click*

Dustox: "It is now 7 AM and officially daytime and as such, some places may be re-opened for the day. It is recommended that you interact with others and/or kill during this time."

Dustox: "Today's secret! Ahem. 'Ekolo Chimecho, Ultimate Plush Maker, constantly overworks himself to the point of passing out due to not wanting to fail people.' Now then, on with your day!"

Rena: Well shit... Wasn't expecting that from Ekolo out of anyone. I'll go to his room to check up on him, assuming he's there. I knock on his room's door. "Ekolo, it's me, Rena. Are you in here?"

Ekolo: "...Yeah."

Rena: "Can I come in?"

Ekolo: "I guess..." I heard the door unlock and he opened the door. I didn't see his face for very long before he turned around but he looked like he was about to cry.

Rena: "Ekolo," I went inside and closed the door behind me. "I wanted to check up on you, since that seemed like a pretty bad secret. ...Well, not bad but definitely something you don't really want people knowing."

Ekolo: "I get what you mean. I... I guess I'm fine."

Rena: "Ekolo, I saw your face, you're not fine."

Ekolo: "Well, it's not that big of a deal, we have more important things to worry about."

Rena: "Maybe so, but your mental health isn't insignificant. We're friends right?"

Ekolo: He looked at me for a second, then started to cry, hugging me.

Rena: I just hugged him back, not really knowing what else to do. As I did, Reiko quietly entered the room.

Reiko: "Is he okay?"

Rena: "I don't know, we should probably check in on him more from now on."

Reiko: "Sounds good by me."

Rena: "Ekolo, we're going to check in on you more often from here on out. Is that alright with you?"

Ekolo: At this point he had stopped crying and let go of me. He didn't say anything, only nodding.

Rena: I nodded back, smiling. "We can talk about that later, I'm going to change my clothes since I was planning on doing so anyway. You and Reiko should go get something to eat."

Reiko: "Okay, come on Ekolo."

Ekolo: He gets up and rubs his eyes with his hand, then he goes over to Reiko and they both leave.

Rena: I exited Ekolo's room and changed my clothes, then I went to the dining hall. Other than Reiko and Ekolo, there were actually quite a bit of people here. Most of them were either trying to comfort/talk to Ekolo or just off doing their own thing. There was a plate of food covered in seran wrap that had my name on it. I picked it up, inspecting it.

Myth: "Don't worry, none of it's poisoned, most of us have eaten already. Inteol just wanted everyone to have food without needing to make or ask for it."

Rena: "...Alright." I took it to my room and ate it there. My social battery hasn't really recovered from the past two days. Or was that yesterday? Ugh, my sense of time is getting skewed too. Well the motive reveal was yesterday but was the Houndoom incident also yesterday or the day before? I've slept twice in between then and now, so logically, it's been two days right? I don't really want to think about it right now, I'll give myself a headache. I should try to get my mind off this but how? I decided to just get up and take a walk. After walking around for a bit, I came across something interesting.