•Chapter 31•

31: TAKING CARE OF JIMIN

The sun began to set, the safe house grew quiet, the only sound being the soft hum of the medical equipment beeping in the background. Y/n's eyes felt heavy, her body exhausted from the day's events, but she couldn't shake off the feeling of guilt that lingered in her chest.

She glanced around the room, her eyes settling on Jimin's still form, his arm bandaged and his face pale. She felt a pang of regret, knowing that he had gotten hurt because of her.

Without making a sound, Y/n slipped out of her bed and made her way to Jimin's room. She pushed open the door, her heart racing with anticipation.

Jimin was fast asleep, his chest rising and falling with each gentle breath. Y/n's eyes welled up with tears as she approached him, her hand reaching out to gently brush a strand of hair out of his face.

She sat down beside him, her eyes fixed on his peaceful expression. For a moment, she just sat there, watching him sleep, feeling a sense of gratitude and guilt wash over her.

Just as she was about to go back to her room, she heard a soft rustling from Jimin. She turned to see him sitting up, his eyes fixed on her with a gentle concern.

"Y/n, what are you doing?" Jimin asked, his voice low and soothing. "You should be resting."

Y/n's eyes welled up with tears as she looked at Jimin. "I'm sorry, oppa," she whispered, her voice cracking. "I feel so guilty. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have gotten hurt."

Jimin's expression softened, and he swung his legs over the side of the bed. "Y/n, it's not your fault," he said, his voice firm but gentle. "I'm your brother, it's my job to protect you. It's normal for me to get hurt."

Y/n shook her head, feeling a lump form in her throat. "But it's because of me," she insisted. "If I wasn't in danger, you wouldn't have to put yourself in harm's way."

Jimin sighed and got out of bed, his movements slow and careful due to his injury. He walked over to Y/n's bed and sat down beside her, his eyes locked on hers.

"Y/n, listen to me," he said, his voice low and serious. "I would do anything to protect you, no matter the cost. You're my sister, and I love you. It's not your fault that I got hurt, it's just part of the job."

Y/n felt a wave of emotion wash over her as she looked at Jimin. She knew that he was trying to comfort her, but she couldn't help feeling responsible for his injury.

Jimin seemed to sense her emotions, and he reached out to gently brush a strand of hair out of her face. "Come here, Y/n," he said, his voice soft.

Without hesitation, Y/n leaned forward, and Jimin wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. She felt a sense of comfort and security wash over her as she rested her head on his shoulder.

As they sat there, Jimin began to gently rock her back and forth, his movements slow and soothing. Y/n felt her eyelids growing heavy, and she knew that she was slowly falling asleep.

"Oppa," she whispered, her voice barely audible.

"I'm here, Y/n," Jimin replied, his voice low and gentle. "I'll always be here for you."

Y/n stirred slightly in Jimin's arms, her voice barely above a whisper. "Thank you, oppa. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Jimin tightened his embrace, his voice warm and reassuring. "You don't have to thank me, Y/n. Taking care of you is just what brothers do."

"But I feel like I'm always causing trouble," Y/n admitted, her voice tinged with guilt.

Jimin gently lifted her chin so she could meet his gaze. "Hey, you're not a burden. You're my sister, and I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

Tears welled up in Y/n's eyes again. "I just wish I could be stronger, so I wouldn't have to rely on you and others so much."

Jimin smiled softly. "You're already stronger than you think, Y/n. And it's okay to lean on me when you need to. That's what family is for."

Y/n nodded, feeling a weight lift off her shoulders. "I'm just scared, oppa. Scared of what might happen to us."

Jimin's expression grew serious, but his voice remained calm. "I know, Y/n. But we'll get through this together. I promise."

They stayed like that for a while, wrapped in each other's arms, finding solace in the quiet of the room.

As Y/n drifted off to sleep, Jimin carefully lifted her into his arms and carried her back to his bed. He lay down beside her, wrapping his arms around her and holding her close.

As they cuddled together, Y/n felt a sense of peace settle over her. She knew that she still had a long way to go, but with Jimin by her side, she felt like she could face anything.

And as they drifted off to sleep together, Y/n's heart was filled with a sense of gratitude and love for her brother, who had always been there to comfort and protect her.

As the night deepened, Y/n found herself drifting in and out of sleep, the steady rhythm of Jimin's heartbeat acting as a lullaby. Each time she opened her eyes, she felt his reassuring presence beside her, a comforting her in the darkness.
________________________________________________________________________________