14

*y/n pov, a week later*
this past week has been horrible. except the weekend as bora came over for a sleepover. i told her everything the day i heard it. she told jay she wasn't going to speak to him for awhile. i told her i didn't care but she said that he was involved with helping sunghoon so she doesn't want to speak to him. i didn't come in friday because i just cried and was too sad. my mum understood and i was so grateful for that. during mine and boras sleepover, sunghoon was messaging me things like, 'can we please talk?' 'i want to explain everything.' 'please don't ignore me.' 'i really need to talk to you.' so bora took my phone, messaged something and blocked him. monday to today, sunghoon didn't come up to me to try to speak to me. neither did the other boys. it felt weird being home early on tuesday and thursday. it's hard coming into school when all i want to do is cry.

it's lunch now and me and bora have just been talking and eating our lunch. i keep glancing over at sunghoon's table even though i don't want to. i just can't stop myself. that's when jake stands up and comes to my direction. i quickly look away and look at bora. she keeps on talking when she gets interrupted. "hey y/n." i look at jake and his eyes are red. has he been crying as well? "hey jake, do you want something?" i say whilst looking away and start to play with my food. "can i talk to you?" i stop playing with my food then look at bora. she shrugs. "do you want to speak to me or is it his words out of your mouth?"

"no no, i want to talk to you. what i want to say." i don't really want to talk to him but he has some pleading expression on his face. maybe i should just hear him out. "fine." i stand up and bora says she's going to wait there. we walk in silence until we get to a quieter area at the school and he begins. "i just want to say how truly sorry i am for literally everything. suggesting you, helping sunghoon, just everything. i never thought it was going to turn out this way. i never thought that he was actually going to succeed. i'm so sorry, y/n, i hate seeing you in pain." he stops before his tears come out. i keep my cool. i don't want to start crying. "i am glad you feel sorry since you said what your sorry for but it's not going to be easy for me to forgive you. it's going to be hard for me to forget as well."

"i completely understand that. i'm not asking you to forgive me straight away but i wanted to apologise for what i done." i nod with a weak smile. jake stops walking so i do to. he brings out his arm, waiting for me to hug him. if i don't hug him now, he will probably hug me when i'm not looking so i hug him. i feel his hand tap my back and it reminds me of sunghoon in the museum. i quickly let go because i don't want to be reminded of him.

we get back to the cafeteria and bora is still there. "before we go, can i say one last thing?" jake asks me. i nod. "try to hear sunghoon out soon. i know you don't want to but he is such a wreck at the moment. all he does is cry. so please, think about it." then he walks off. should i let sunghoon explain what he thinks? i don't know.

i'm now at home and i haven't cried today which is good. i've just been thinking about what jake said. should i talk to him? i do want to hear him out but i don't at the same time. i decide just to unblock him. i stare at the message bora sent as i wasn't able to see it and it says, 'don't ever speak to me again! i never liked you anyway.' i sit up rapidly. what is this?! why did bora say that?! that isn't true. i obviously still like him after everything. feelings don't go away that quickly. i choose to text him because what bora said isn't true. i text him, 'that last message wasn't me, it was bora. i did like you, still do so i want to hear you out.' i turn my phone off and place it down. not even a second later and my phone vibrates. it's from him so i open it and it says, 'thank you. are you free saturday afternoon?' i reply with, 'yes but your not picking me up.'
'i wasn't going to ask anyway. this is where we can talk.' he sends me a name of some cafe. not the same one we went to with the others. i wonder what he's going to say.

*next day*
it's halfway through the day and sunghoon isn't in. i want to know where is. so period 3 finishes and we have a few minute break until the next teacher comes to i go up to jake. "hey jake." i say whilst sitting on the seat in front of him. "hey y/n." he says with a weird tone. i tilt my head. "what's wrong?" i ask him. he sighs. "sunghoon isn't here and i'm kind of worried because he usually tells us why he isn't coming in." jake says. "maybe he just forgot." jake looks at me then at his phone because he got a message. he picks up his phone to see who sent it and says, "speaking of which." he says whilst shaking his phone. he starts to read it out loud. "hello boys, this is sunghoon's mum. just so you know he is at the hospital. nothing too serious but you guys can come to him after school. here's the hospital." jake looks at me confused and shocked. i'm shocked as well. i'm worried. what happened to him? is he okay? "i'm seeing him now." jake stands up but i grab his wrist. "you can't just leave in the middle of school time."

"i don't care right now. i'm too worried to sit in that chair and wait. are you coming?" the question caught me off guard. i don't know if i should go. i'm worried also so maybe i should. "yes, i am." i stand up and we leave. on the message it said it's nothing too serious but that still makes me worry. oh what has this boy done to me?!