15

me and jake get to where you can park cars in our school. we get to his car and get in. "what about jay and heeseung? are they going now as well?" i ask jake as he starts to drive. "whilst we were running here, they messaged on the group chat saying they will leave when lunch starts."

"okay." and we start to go. we make it to the hospital and go in. jake did speed multiple times but not too over the limit. we get to the counter and jake asks, "where is park sunghoon staying?"
the receptionist types onto the computer and looks at jake, "room 207, just down there." she points. we thank her and go to the room. we go inside and see sunghoon. he looks so peaceful just laying there. we go up to him and he has a bandage over his head. what did he he?! i sit down on the chair on his right side and jake sits opposite. i look at him sleeping there trying to figure out what he done to himself. jake doesn't say anything either.

we've just been sitting here when we hear the door slide open. we both turn around and it's a nurse. we stand up so we're not in her way. she goes over to him. "you two his friends?" she asks unexpectedly. "um, yeah we are." i say.

"do you know what's happened to him?" jake asks her. the nurse finishes with what she had to do and turns around to face us. "this morning when he was leaving his house, he fainted and hit the back of his head on a large rock. he is fine but he's got stitches at the back of his head." we say thanks to her and she leaves. we go back to where we were sitting. jake got a notification so he answers it. i look at sunghoon. i wonder how he is feeling. he must be sleeping well. i start to stroke the hair that covers his forehead. how can he still be so handsome when looking like this?

me and jake have been here for about 30 minutes. us two are just talking when the door slides open again. this time it's jay and heeseung. they quickly come to him and ask what happened. jake explains and i just look at sunghoon. i look at this hand and put my hand over it. i take out my phone because it keeps vibrating and it's bora asking me where i am. i'm about to take off the hand that's over sunghoon's to message her but it gets grabbed. i look at it and sunghoon is clutching my hand so i look at him and his eyes are open. i quickly put my phone away and go a bit closer him. "are you okay sunghoon?" he looks around and sees all his friends then start to chuckle. "you lot should be at school, i think, what's the time?"

"it's 1:53." jay says.

"exactly, i'm fine, go learn." sunghoon says whilst sitting up, still not letting go of my hand. "no, bro, we're staying here." heeseung says. sunghoon ignores them and just stares into my eyes. i think they got the message because i see jake in the corner of my eye mouthing something and they leave. "how are you feeling?" i ask him.

"alright, nothing too bad. just stitches."

"that's good then."

he's still holding my hand. i kind of look at our hands then him again. "you want me to let go? i will it's fine." he tries to let go but i grip harder. "no, it's okay, i like it." i say with a weak smile.

"can i explain everything now as we're alone?" i nod. "so, it did start off as a challenge so i get money. getting closer to you was too help me and everything but that date we went on, it made me feel things i have never felt before. your smile made me feel happy. i chose to ignore everything because how could i have told you you were just a bet at first? but now, your more than that. i like you so much, y/n, i'm always thinking about you, all the time. i know you cannot forgive me straight away but i just wante-" his words are cut off by our lips connecting. it's just a quick peck. i move head back and sunghoon is in shock so i start laughing. "what was that for?" he asks me.

i shrug with a smile. "just felt like it." he tilts his head. "i can tell how sorry you are, sunghoon. i didn't want to at first because i was so mad at you but i realise now. you like me and i like you. nothing is stopping that." i smile and a tear drops down my cheek. a happy tear. sunghoon wipes it away with his thumb and pulls me in for a hug. we're just hugging when i hear them coming back in. i let go of him and look at them. they're huddled together and giggling. "what guys?" i say to them. "so are you two officially together?" jake asks. i look at sunghoon. "not yet, i need to ask the big question first but not here. i'm leaving the hospital sunday so can you come somewhere with me monday after school?" sunghoon asks me. i smile and say, "of course i will." jake, heeseung and jay all start saying yes and stuff like that. me and sunghoon laugh at them.

i'm so happy i met park sunghoon.