Chapter 49

Aaron and Jess had gone to their own separate ways after some minutes but his words were still playing on repeat inside her head.

Now she was sitting on her desk while she was drawing, with her headphones on her ears which made her not hear her mom's voice.

"JESSICA" Olivia brushed into her daughter's room and slammed the door open. Jess took the headphones off her ears and placed them on her desk carefully.

"I'VE BEEM YELLING AT YOU FOR THE PAST 10 MINUTES"
"Okay? Geez, I was listening to music" Olivie took a deep breath and remained calm.

"You forgot to buy something from the list, can you go and buy it for me? I really need it"
"Like, right now?"
"Yess Jess, now"
"But- Fine"
"Thank you"

Olivia walked out of her daughter's room so she can change. Jessica putted on some black sweatpants with a dark green shirt and she went to the store.

Her mother gave her a new list instead off one thing which annoyed her but she didn't really care after a while.

It's now had been basically 20 minutes -yeah its a big list- Jessica was walking down the snacks aisle cause she wanted to but something to eat.

What she wanted to eat was on top of the self. She could reach it.
She got on her tip toes but still she was couldn't grab it.

"You want some help there?"
A white boy with black hair approached her with a smile but she did return it.

"No, im good"
"Is that so?
"Yes"
"I can grab it for you"
"Then grab it"

The boy reached the pack of candies she wanted and handed to her with a smile but all Jess did was drop the pack into the cart and went to walk around him.
He stopped her.

"Hey wait, can I get your number?"
"No" She answered coldly and went to walk past him again but he didn't let her.
"Oh come on, I just hand you your candy"
"I didn't ask you to"
"Please"
"Stop begging you look ridiculous and desperate"

She went to walk past him.
He stopped her.

"You have a boyfriend or something?"
"Not exactly"

Again. Tried to walk past him.
He stopped her.

"So what? I'm not your type?"
"No, you not"

She tried again. She failed.

"So what's your type then?"
"Black skin, two black braids, brown eyes, has the drip and oh, it's not you. Now move it because next time I'm gonna break your motherfuckin hand"

The boy looked taken back by her words, she took advantage off his reaction and finally walked past him with success.

She was about to go to the till but her phone started ringing and she went to pick it up.

"Jess?"
"Yes mom?"
"Where are you?!"
"At the grocery store?"
"Come back home. NOW"
"Why what's wrong?"
"The Prowler is near the shop you're at, I saw it on TV, no come back home, now!"
"Mom I'm gonna be fi-"

Suddenly a dude came flying threw the window and smashed it into millions of pieces. Jessica was fast and covered her face so that the glass wouldn't cut her.

"Jessica? Jessica?! What happen-"
She hang up. Jess walked near the broken window and stared outside. She got out of the store as fast as she could and when she stared where everyone else was staring at, she saw him.
The Prowler.
He was fighting a bunch of guys and one of them was the dude that came flying through the window.

They fight was really intense and without her even realizing a bomb went off and a whole building was now falling apart.
People were screaming and running everywhere but she stayed still on her spot.