[Ch. 6]

"That's what happened..." the reporter murmured. 

"I know, right?" The man muttered. "I still remember the event after that clearly."

"Could you tell me what happened after the siren rang?"

"Sure."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"It's going to be alright," Kronos said, staring at the siren. "If you just stay inside, breathe the air inside this building..."

"We should stop this," Nikki said. "If it's a future."

"It is, Nikki," Kronos murmured. "I was never wrong about time."

"So what should I do?" Nikki asked.

"Just stay here," Kronos said, standing in front of her. "You're too young to fight with such things anyway."

"But I can-"

"Nikki."

"... I will."

"Don't step out of the door until I call your name, okay?"

"Yes..."

 Kronos looked at the girl who was showing disappointment on her face. He smiled softly at her as he circled one of his golden strings of energy around her body. It would help her get relaxed.

"What is this?"

"A little taste of my power?" Kronos asked. He patted the girl's head as she smiled.

"Now come here. It would be better when you go inside my room and stay."

 He traced a symbol on the ground with his index finger, and it glowed golden.

"Sit here, on the middle of the circle," Kronos said as he placed the little girl on the center. "Don't step the lines by mistake or with intention... the spell might blow away if you do that."

"So I just have to sit here until you come and say that the fight is over?"

"Yes, that's what I meant."

"But it's too boring here, just sitting and nothing to do," Nikki wailed.

"Here," Kronos said as he made a small fire which was glowing yellow. "Will this work for you?"

"What should I do with this? Won't I get burned?"

 Kronos chuckled. "It floats above your hands, Nikki. It never hurts you."

"... thanks for the gift," Nikki said.

"You're welcome. By the way... I'd better check out the situation outside."

 He walked out the door, and gave the control back to Alex. 

'She would be okay...' Kronos whispered in his mind. 'So stop worrying and let's just fight.'

 The abnormal golden eyes Alex had were staring at the window, where he found many people lying without a single breathing moment. The girl, Nikki, was right with her prediction. The gas, the liquid... that was all related to the blue truck parked right outside the building's entrance. He growled out as the truck seemed to crash into the narrow gate. He has to stop it. Right now.

"Alex," Ian said from behind. "Going outside right now means that you want to die quickly."

"Don't stop me, Ian," Alex snarled. "If I don't do anything, more people would suffer."