happy birthday

a/n - please vote!!

y/n's pov , 20 years old
i watch the tiktok of olivia on a radio show/interview. "okay, fine. whatever. i, um, i just- my friend, my best friend, conan, texted me a picture of this guy that i think is cute," she said, "and i said 'oh wow, he's everything'."

the video starts to replay after olivia lets out an embarrassed laugh, slouching back into her chair. i pause the video, sighing as i stare at her face.

olivia and i dated almost two months ago, for seven months. i knew she didn't care about me as much as she said, as much as i cared about her. she claimed she did, but there was just a feeling deep inside of me that i knew wasn't true. i really liked to think she cared.

i always knew that if we were to break up, olivia would be the one to break up with me, and i always knew that when that would break up, olivia would be the one to move on quicker. i just didn't think it would hurt so much, i've been preparing for it in the back of my head ever since we've been dating.

while i've been looking on olivia's instagram to see what her life had brought her when i was no longer there, she'd been stalking her instagram crushes as if we never happened. i think that's what hurt the most.

i pick up my phone again, tapping the comments. i start to read them.

'olivia has a crush??'

'THIS IS SO FUNNY'

'what happened to her and y/n?'

'HE?? I THOUGHT SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT Y/N'

'babe no ones better than spider-woman'

'thank god olivias moved on'

'ever since they announced their breakup i wasn't the same girl i was'

'i feel so bad for y/n :(( she's still been kinda quiet on social media ever since they broke up'

'y/n hasnt posted in like 2 months what did u do olivia'

'y/n deserves better'

'well she moved on fast holy mother of god'

'olivia finds people attractive?!?!? no way?!?!?'

'he isnt everything if you dated y/n.'

i swipe out of tiktok, getting out of bed.

olivia's pov
my eyes widen as i see y/n walk in with her spider-woman suit, holding her mask as she lines up behind a few people. madison looks behind her, gasping. "shut up!" i whisper-yell. madison looks back at me, "can't believe you find that louis guy attractive when y/n is right there." "that doesn't mean i don't find y/n attractive," i whisper, "why the hell is she here?" "because it's a public cafe," madison says, "calm down, liv."

i stare at y/n as she picks up a kid that looks about five effortlessly, placing the girl on her hip as she holds her for support. they both smile at the camera the mom was holding, and i smile faintly too.

y/n's smile had the best smile i've seen. she could make anyone smile at any given time, which was something i needed to work on when i was pretending to be mad at her.