obsessed

a/n - please vote! new chapter :) also one of my favs!

˗ˏˋ IN WHICH olivia's obsessed with her girlfriend's ex'ˎ˗

olivia's pov
i lay in emma's bed, picking up my phone. i look up y/n's instagram, starting to go through her posts.

i know that my recent girlfriend, emma, and her ex, y/n, weren't talking anymore. they've both moved on. i mean, i hope emma has. emma's talked about y/n briefly, but i remembered every detail she told me about her.

i'm not sure why i was so... obsessed with y/n. i know she's been asleep on my side of the bed. i wasn't jealous or insecure about my relationship with emma. but if i told anyone how much i thought of y/n, you'd think i was in love.

i've seen every movie y/n was in, which was mainly the marvel ones as she was spider-woman. that only consisted of the avengers one, homecoming, and far from home. she had been in other movies and tv shows, though. she was beautiful. i wonder if she was friends with emma's friends. if she was good in bed. if emma thinks about her. if she's easy going, never controlling. she seems perfect.

i go to my camera roll, going to my most recent video. in an interview, an interviewer had asked y/n what she thought about me. i was shocked that she spoke so kindly about me. but of course she did.

"so, i know that you and emma broke up almost a year ago," the interviewer said, sparking a new topic. y/n nodded with a small smile. "was it mutual?" he asked. " yeah, it was," y/n said, "as mutual as it gets. we both were on separate paths in life and... you know, you gotta sacrifice some stuff to make sure you both get the best in life." of course, the answer was perfect.

"what do you think of emma's new girlfriend, olivia rodrigo?" the interviewer said. "oh!" y/n thought for a few seconds before putting a smile on her face, "yeah, i've listened to some of her music. she seems really, um, down to earth and talented." "yeah! i had her on the show a few weeks ago. real sweet girl."

i did feel a little bad for her. i don't know what i'd do if i had to answer a question about my ex's new girlfriend. but the media training was working, and she answered it perfectly.

i swipe up the app as emma walks out of the bathroom. "hey," i smile. "hi," emma says, getting into bed. "conan's hosting a party," i say, "for his album." "he is?" emma asks, looking at me. "yeah," i say, "for his birthday." "what day?" "this weekend... saturday, i think," i say. "shit," emma sighs, "i'm going to new york on friday, remember?" "right," i say, "it's cool." 

saturday
i walk into conan's apartment, seeing about thirty people around his apartment, maybe a little more. oh my god.

i've never seen y/n in person. but she was even more gorgeous. i keep my eyes on her as i walk deeper in. she was wearing a black mini dress with a jacket on top, hair down and a little curled.

"liv! you made it!" conan exclaims. i look away from y/n, smiling at conan. "hi!" i say, hugging him tight, "congratulations on your album!" "thanks liv," conan says, "there's... literally food and drinks at every table. have at it." "hey, wait," i say, looking at y/n on the other side of the room, "i didn't know you and y/n were close." "oh yeah! we started talking on instagram for a while," conan explains, "so i decided to invite her here. she has a lot of mutuals. sorry, i hope it's not awkward between you and her since... you're dating her ex." "i mean, i don't think it is," i say, looking at conan. "you should talk to her," conan says, "she's so nice, trust me."

i talk to a few people as i make my way to one of the drink stations. i stand in front of the table, looking at the drink selection. alcohol, soda. i could go for a shot.

i pick up the bottle, pouring it into the plastic shot cup. "hey," i hear a familiar voice. i look to my right, seeing y/n. and even prettier up close. "oh! um, hi," i smile. maybe her seeing me pour a shot wasn't the best first impression of me.

y/n smiles with her lips, "you're conan's friend, too?" "yeah," i say, "guessing you are too." i already knew she was. she hums, "how long have you been friends with him?" "years," i answer. "funny guy," y/n nods. i pick up my shot cup, drinking it in one swing.

y/n chuckles as i slightly scrunch my face up. "strong?" she asks, probably knowing the answer. "yes," i say, couching a little. y/n reaches over and gets a bottle of water. of course she chooses the more... sensible option.

she opens it, offering me some. i needed to wash the taste down. "thanks," i say, taking it and having a full gulps. and a few more. y/n watches as i look at the bottle after drinking it. it was half empty.

y/n chuckles, and i smile. "do you.... want this back?" i ask. "i think i do," she smiles. "oh shit, sorry," i hand it back to her. "all good," she says. i watch as she takes a sip, putting the cap back on. 

i look back at the table, deciding to go for another alcoholic drink. "testing the waters?" y/n asks. "i am," i say, "gotta see which ones the best. do you know your drinks?" "no idea," y/n chuckles.

i down the next shot, and looks at me for my judgement. "kinda... tastes bland," i say, "like... if i'm planning to get drunk, i wouldn't pick this." y/n chuckles, opening her bottle. she offers it to me. "don't even need it for this one," i smile, "but thanks." "so, final verdict, olivia?" she asks. first time i've heard her say my name. "my final verdict... in one word. boring," i say. y/n chuckles, nodding.

"mmh, that was good," i say, looking at the glass bottle after i had another shot, "this one's a winner for sure." maybe it wasn't even that good, but the drunkenness was getting to me, just a little. "is it?" y/n chuckles, "looks cool." "want some?" i ask, pouring another shot. "i gotta drive home," she says. i stop pouring as i realize i took an uber here with the plans on getting home by another uber.

y/n looks at me, "are you okay?" "yeah- well, no," i say, "i just realized i was meant to take an uber home." maybe i should just fuck it and take it anyways. "oh," y/n says, "it's okay. i can drop you home." "no, it's okay," i say. would that be awkward? i mean, it hasn't been awkward for a second since we've been talking. "do you have a ride?" "not... yet," i say. "it's cool! i can drop you home," she says, "i haven't drank." i know she hasn't, but it was nice of her to mention it again. she was responsible. me, on the other hand, was taking every shot of the alcohol shown on the table.

i smile, and she smiles too. "are you sure?" i ask. "i'm sure," y/n says. "thank you," i say, looking back at the table, "last drink." "do you think it's gonna be better than the one you just had? place your bets now," y/n smiles. "i think... no." "i also think no," y/n says.

i scrunch my face, shaking my head. "not good?" she laughs. "really bitter," i groan. she hands me the water, and i drink the rest of it. "here," she says, taking the plastic bottle. she looks down, dropping it in the bin beside her.

y/n takes another water bottle after i take a shot of the good alcohol, and opens it. "thank you," i say after she hands it to me. "slow down," she chuckles. i wonder if she was this caring when emma gets drunk.

"i can hold onto it," y/n says after i hand it back. "thanks," i smile. "hey, i'm gonna talk to a few more people i just saw come in," she says, "did you wanna come with me or are you fine?" "uh..." i look around. definitely gotta talk to conan about this. "there's some people i wanna talk to, too," i say. "okay," y/n smiles, "just let me know if you're not feeling well, or if you wanna go home." she was girlfriend material. her next partner would be lucky.

i watch y/n walk off, then seeing conan. i walk up to conan, and he smiles. "saw you talking with y/n." "she is so nice," i sigh, "like, and i was comfortable with her. while i was getting drunk." "you're... really exaggerating your words, liv," conan laughs, "how much did you drink?" "a shot of each," i say, "a few of the really... good one." "do you have a ride home?" "i do," i say, "my girlfriend's ex offered to take me home."

i find myself back at the alcohol table. i pick the good alcohol, getting a new shot glass and pouring some. i down... i think, two glasses. i pick up the bottle again.