Chapter one

It was 7am and I had my headphones and on. "Fuck", I said realizing I was loosing in the game I was playing. Those fucking online players got me trapped. "Zora are you awake", my mum called. I didn't know if I was to answer or keep playing. I was in the middle of a war and if I don't win my reputation will be ruined

"Zora", she called again
"Dammit" I said under my breath. I could hear her footsteps up the stairs. I had to bail out now, I switched of the computer dropped my headphones and stood up. That's when my mum got into my room. She looked around suspicious. "get down for breakfast" she demanded and I nodded. She closed the door behind her and I sighed if relief and looked at my computer. I had lost now. I never loose.

I angrily went into the bathroom and took a shower. I kept my seriously unequal short brown hair in two pigtails and went down for breakfast. Every Tuesday morning was pancakes and lots of maple syrup but I wasn't hungry, just like the other days.

I took a slice of my pancake and looked at mum "finish it up zora" she read my mind. I squeezed my face in dissatisfaction and looked at the others on the table-my two brothers and a sister-. I'm clearly the last born and I never seat on the dining table with them, that must have been why they looked at me when I did. I'd stop eating with them when my dad died.
Zane and Jane where the twins.

Zane the oldest was munching on his pancakes so fast with a soccer ball on his lap. He's the athletic one and at the soccer team at school. Jane was the beauty queen. She would eat a slice of pancake and stare at her phone for what seemed like ages. And Jason the oldest kid on the other hand was cool, calm and normal. Always in his long sleeve shirt and blue jeans. He was a lady's man.
And me? According to zane and Jane I'm the weird one who refuses to crawl out of her hoodie and make friends or at least open up to reality instead of waisting my time in virtual things like video games. But honestly I don't care, I don't need a friend because they don't need me which brings me to my fake best friend Jake

"Mum do I really have to" I whined tired of breakfast
"You can give it to me" Zane said looking at me then at mum
"Fine" she gave up and Zane grabbed my plate.
"Choke on it"
"Whatever "

I never really went to school with them though, so I got into my bike but I slipped in my earpiece and listened to alone my Alan walker . When I know I'm actually alone but at least it keeps my hopes up. I walked into the school hallways holding the handle of my bag tightly, my head buried in my hoodie and my ears banging from the music. I wasn't hearing anything but it.

Someone came in front of me and was talking but the sound was ambient. I knew who he was but I didn't care to listen. I walked past him and got to my locker. "Zora" I heard him call my name, the song was over now but I still didn't want to talk to him. He pulled my hoodie down and he saw my ear. I looked at him and sighed with my nose. I took out the earpiece.
"What do you want Jake"
"You weren't replying my messages last night"
"I didn't want to chat you" I was still looking at my locker while he tried to get a glimpse of my face.
"Why" he asked and I lost it
"Stop pretending like your my friend Jake"
"What are you talking about"
"You're ditching me for Allison. You think I'd not figure it out"
Jake rested his shoulders on the lockers and pushed his hands into his pockets
"So what are you saying " he asked
"I'm saying I'm done"
"So your just gonna go solo"
"I'm tired of this one sided friendship Jake and I know you are too"
If he said anything I didn't hear him, the song was back on. I'm officially friendless.

I took my tray to an empty table close to the wall but as fate will have it Jake's table was close to mine. Allison threw dirty looks at me but I didn't give in. Jake looked at me with guilt but that's not gonna work. I just looked away and was buried in the game I was play with my phone.

After what seemed like 5 seconds into taking a bite off my apple I heard clattering. Zane was bullying again and it wasn't just anyone. it was my biology partner George. In situations like this Zora would probably just leave the cafeteria but this time I didn't. I'm so stubborn. "What the butt are you doing" I helped George get up.

"Why don't you mind your own business "he said coming closer and I pushed him
"Back off" just then George ran away, not even a thank you. Zane's friends oohed at him because his little sister just pushed him. He licked his lower lip and pushed me to the ground that I bruised my knee.
" mind your own business weirdo" I can definitely believe he said that to me.
I rolled my eyes and Someone stretched out his hand. It was Jason "you ok sis ?" well I took it and I nodded. That's when I realized everyone was watching. "Wait until mum hears this" Jason told Zane but he scoffed and got back to his table. I was about to leave...
"Zora..."
"I'll be fine" I left taking my gadgets With me.