Chapter three

Everywhere was still dark but I could hear voices of other kids.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a bed above me and I knew I was on a bunker bed. I sat feeling a little drowsy and having the worst migraines. I looked at myself, I was wearing a white Pjays....well it looked like Pjays. I looked around and saw bunked beds in straight lines forming 3 rows. Where the heck am I?

"Hey welcome to space" a girl with curly blue hair and sky blue eyes jumped on my bed, probably my bunk mate.
"Space?" I asked suddenly remembering what she said.
"Yep" another boy said, his bed was beside mine and he was a red hair Demi god.

"What do you fucking mean I'm in space"
"Look at your window" a black American with gold hair told me. He sat beside the red head, probably bunk mates. Well I looked outside and you wouldn't believe what I saw....I'm pretty sure I saw earth.
"Oh fuck" I whispered in fright.
"What the hell am I doing in space" I freaked out.

"Calm down, I'm tori by the way" the girl said "this axel and Asher" she added and they both smiled. Asher was the black guy.
"Ok I'm Zora. What am I doing here"
"Your in a training facility called....."
"Reality gamers?" I cut axel off and he nodded.
"In space" I said still trying to recover from this space drama. I'm really in spaceeeeee.

"According to our trainers they are preparing us for a battle that's game wise against intruders of earth"
"You mean aliens" I told Asher in sarcasm
"This room is for the black cubs, that's us, and our leader is called Leo. That's Carson" tori pointed at a boy with pink hair. Pink?

"Who's also Tori's boyfriend"
I could have sworn she blushed. I won't say I was happy for her, neither can I say I was disgusted.

"Are they any other rooms like this one" I had to asked.
"Yeah there are the blue, red and green cubs" Tori explained. I'm really still trying to process everything really. I was about to ask what was up about the hair do but then our door flung open. The huge man blew a whistle and everyone formed two lines in the narrow pathway.

"Attention" the man yelled and everyone stumped the ground. I stood up and filled an empty space that was probably meant for me. The man stood in front of me.
"Didn't you get the command, cub"
"What command"
"Attention!"
"Man you could really use a toothbrush" everyone gasped. Well they're meant to.
"Drop and give me twenty"
"I haven't even done five" am I really talking back right now. Well the guy smirked and went back to the door.
"get ready everyone"
"Aye" everyone chorused. The guy left and the noise continued.

"You've got guts" tori told me and I raised a brow up.
"No one talks to captain mark like that" Asher pointed out.
Soon everyone started clicking on a red button at the edge of their beds. A big box popped out. Everyone took out a cool black suit and wore it on. I did my mine then tori took hers and handed mine to me. Then I saw a gun.

"Don't worry it's a laser gun"
"What for"
"You'll see" she smiled. But I still have one question....what's up with the hair do.we got to a semicircular opening. I looked inside and it was like a galaxy of flying boxes of different colors. I awed. It was beautiful, more beautiful than me. I came back to reality "what sort of practice is this" I wasn't harsh was I.

"We call it anti-grav fight. One of us have to get to the other side without getting shit by the other team Cub." I feel like Tori's enjoying tutoring me.
"I thought u said the battle was..."
"Game wise? I know. They say physical training keeps us alert" it was confusing but I guess I understood.

"So what team are we up against" I asked
And then Carson started the leader speech, answering my questions.

"The blue and red teams are against us today. They want to destroy us cause apparently we are weak" so it's a two against one fight....how neat. Sarcasm.
"Apparently we haven't won any anti-grab game....just once we have by disqualification. "For goodness sake we are at the bottom of the charts and we need to do something about it"Carson yelled. I was shocked. At the bottom? Of all the teams to add me to its the worst one. Thank you universe.

"Formation" Carson yelled and some kids formed a greater than sign in front of him. Then he looked at me.
"Think of it as laser tag" I nodded, obviously not following.

"Don't you think your formation is a little less productive? I mean your surely gonna get hit before getting to the other side, all of you are" I had to tell him that. It's a one team against two and this guy isn't even acting like a real leader.

"This formation is the best. I'll be able to blast any cub in my way."
"Just you? What they are hiding?" I looked around it was just him and about 8 people in his formation, the rest just stood like they where a pile of trash.

"I am the Leo and we move by my rules" he shot at me. Well I just nodded. Now I see why they haven't won a single fight. The red light turned green. It was time
"You jump with me" he told me but of course I had other things in mind.

Carson and his bodyguards jumped, I stayed back.
"What the butt are you doing"he yelled from inside. I ignored him.
The blue cubs and red cubs fired lasers at them. I got a good look at where they where shooting from. Most came from the back. I got a plan.

"Ok now everyone listen" I suddenly felt in charge. A feeling I have never felt before.
"Why should we listen to you" someone said, well they ruined the moment.
"Umm Carson gave me the orders. There's been a change of plans"I lied. They bought it.

"Who's the lightest" I asked
"That would be me" a skinny boy came out though he was my height.
"Ok everyone form a chain around him"
"Mateo's the name" I rolled my eyes a little. Soon I wasn't even able to see the guy. I fight if we only needed one person across, why fight when we can protect.
Those at the front took lasers and I Asher and axel where going to be at the back with lasers to. I looked into the maze, Carson was stranded. After two seconds he got hit and couldn't move just floating in the air nothing to support him. That was our call.

I yelled "move" and everyone dragged themselves and each other into the maze. It did take much time for the opponents fire at as.  They were just confused on the big pile of people floating. But the shots rained on us within pity.

We were now halfway through the maze. Some of us got hit but because we were tied to each other we couldn't float away.
I told Everyone to hold on.

I, Asher and axel were able to hit off most of the opponents at the back of us. At they were mostly the blue cubs. Soon the red cubs started leaving the the front to come fire at us at the back. My planning was working. Asher and axel got hit, it was up to me to finish them off.

Up in the maze was a large screen. The names of each player and their cub team was written with the number of kills. The highest was this kid Larry and I was in second. I looked down and saw him, pointing my gun at him I shot at him, and that gave me like extra fifty points. Larry mouthed "I'll get you"

I got distracted and got hit but thank goodness we got to the other end and pulled ourselves through. And through out the whole fight about five of us plus Mateo hadn't been hit. We won.
We cheered and gave each other high fives.

I looked back into the field and smiled at Larry then at Carson. Sorry but I don't accept defeat.
Then I looked up. Remember that blonde lady with the wired accent?  She was watching us. The whole time.