Chapter 6

Today was training and when I say training I mean training. Finally. There were really cool obstacle courses and I gotta say the government must've put a lot of money into this project. And I'm pretty sure each cub group had there dojo.

I was standing by the wall as I watched Some guy show Mateo some moves. He brought the skinny boy down with one hand showing the rest how to defend yourself when someone attacked from the back.

I guess the guy was our cub chief trainer, seeing that other trainers obeyed his instructions.

I really wish I could train with them so I can practice some moves on Carson or Larry, but this scar on my forehead needs to stay hidden.

I don't know how my gaze shifted to a boy on white hoodie with one leg bent behind on the wall and his back on it.

He raised his head up and I knew that confused face. Xander tilted his head telling me to go join the others but I shook my head.

I don't want anyone asking me how I got the bruise on my forehead and if you knew me by now, I'm a bad liar.

I panicked as he dropped his leg and my heart sank into my intestines. He was walking up to me. The nerve.

"Why aren't you with them" he asked.
He was just three feet apart and I could literally smell a little bit of anger.

"Nothing" I murmured adjusting my hoodie. How long till this fucking scar leaves my face anyway?

I got startled when Xander held my hand and pulled me out of the training room a few meters away from the door.

He was now standing in front of me. I'm so tensed up right now and I know Xander probably figured that out because he took a step backwards. But his stare could kill a soul.

"Take of your hood" he says, more like a command. I try to say something otherwise but he raises his hand. And I just had to take it off.

I slowly took off the hood and adjusted my hair so he could see the damn thing he wanted to see.

The look in his eyes read rage and I gulped. It was really a terrible sight.

"Xander..."
"Who did this" he cut me off. He spoke rather to soft than the look in his eyes.

"Nobody" I answered. He obviously knew that was a lie.
"Zora tell me who did this to you" he almost yelled in my face and I could feel my lower lip quiver.

"You're going to hurt him if I tell you"
"Him?" That was the third time he asked me who did it. And usually, the third time was always the last time.

"It's Carson" I spat realizing I'm so bad at holding things in when someone asked me with pressure.

He didn't say anything. His clenched his fists and was about to go back into the training room to do God knows what until I held his hand that shook on anger. He's so intense.

"Xander pleas just let it slide"
"I should let Carson go Scott free for doing this? What reason those he have to do this to his cub mate?  Even if he is the Leo"

Brother you look as scary as fuck.
"I'm the one who got punched and I let it go. Besides why do you even care so much?"

His face relaxed at my question. I couldn't feel that strong angry vibe he emitted anymore. In fact he looked rather, calm?

"Meet me at my training room after lunch" he ordered and left me standing there. I watched as he walked down the hallway angrily. Leaving me in thoughts.

                  ***

I spent lunch alone. Axel, Asher and Mateo had lunch together in a different table with a bunch of other people I know aren't in our cub. And Carson and tori shared a table with his minions.

She's been spending more time with him these days and I don't wanna say I'm jealous or anything. Besides I'm use to eating alone.

But it gets really annoying when people ask me about the scar on my forehead. I just tell them I collided with my bunk and some I just ignored them like they never asked me a question.

I slumped on my chair looking at the untouched plate of soup in front of me. Appetite gone.

I felt a pair of brown eyes on me and found out it was Carson just wickedly grinning at me.

Tori then stood up and came over to my table.
"Hey" she said feeling somewhat guilty.
"Hi, having fun with your boyfriend" I don't know if she could hear the sarcasm as I spoke but I could.

"Yeah I guess but I miss hanging out with you" hanging out? Well that's weird I've only been here since yesterday.

"Oh I hope Carson doesn't mind your here with me" I still spoke with a hint of sarcasm and stole a glance at Carson with hatred.

"Oh come in it's not like he's the boss of me" well you make it look like he is. I wish I could tell her that.

"So Xander huh?" She continued and I know exactly why she's talking about.
"Get that image out of your mind"
"Okay but I gotta ask how'd you know him" her asking me this proves she must have been spying on us.

"We went to the same school together back on earth" I replied my gaze on my soup as I turned my spoon in it.

"Cool" she paused "did he tell you anything when you ran after him?"
"Like what"
"I don't know. Anything about new recruits or people getting demoted" I could tell she emphasized on the last part and I can't help but wonder if Carson actually sent her here to ask me this.

"He didn't tell me anything" I told her plainly.
"Ok but it seems like you too have been hanging out lately" again. Been here for one night people.

"I saw him drag you out of practice today why?" Ok if poking into someone's business was a crime then Carson and tori should be in jail right now.

"That's none of your business tori. Why are you even asking me these questions?"
"Oh come on it's just suspicious that you've been close to him since you've been here for just one night" oh so now you know that.

"I mean what if he likes you" she added. How absurd.
"What are you talking about Xander can never like me"
"I'm just saying he's never been this close to a girl before" I looked at her trying to make sense of what his saying.

"You guys would make a cute couple though" she said finally and stood up to go back to Carson. Leaving me in my confused state. People are really good at doing that to me.

I recall what she had just told me and scoff. There's no way he'd like me.