Chapter 8

No words could describe the way my heart was beating when I stepped in the black cubs room only to see everyone in that usual two row straight line with captain mark in the middle.

He turned back and I could see the disappointment on his face.

"Where have you been cub" he asked in a low deep voice. I glanced at Asher and axel and their face were absolutely blank.

"I was with the game master. Sir" I replied handing him the paper Xander gave me and taking in the glares from everyone. Is it so bad to know Xander?

As soon as I gave him the paper he touched his ear and said "yes sir" talking to no one.

Must've been Xander on the line. Well that was a waste of paper. Didn't even know he had that much power to be getting a "sir" from a cub captain.

Mark nodded for me to stand on my empty spot while he continued his speech.

"The black cubs are at the bottom of the charts, I'm pretty sure that's been established. The game master and his mother have prepared more challenges. This is the opportunity we have to raise ourselves up. Tomorrow after breakfast is the first game. The knockout."

After hearing the name of the game everyone loudly groaned with an expression of detest. And now I wonder what the game is all I about.

"Ready ur gears for tomorrow black cubs. And I don't want anything less than first place" he glanced at Carson at that last part. Yeesh, poor guy must be on pressure.

As soon as mark left everyone slumped on their bed lazily.
"What's the knockout" I asked the twins. I'm gonna be calling Asher and axel that for now. And in case your wondering tori was with her boyfriend again. Not that I cared.

"Only the number one game we really suck at" Asher answered a scowl on his face. I looked at them and how they felt so uncomfortable until axel explained it to me.

The four cub teams would appoint 10 players to play the game. The goal is to destroy all properties of the three other teams with a knockout bomb while trying to deactivate the opponents hoverboard thereby decreasing their number. A player with the highest number of deactivated hoverboards gets individual points. I can't even remember how many points I have after that anti-grav game.

"We've never been able to beat the white cubs at this game" axel finished off.

"Yeah they're Damn good with the hoverboards. And now captain mark told us about the game tomorrow, I know why we were having hover board practice after lunch" Asher chipped in.

"Oh man, I missed that?" I whined in disappointment. I was busy learning martial arts with Mr white hair that I didn't practice with them for the challenge tomorrow.

And I don't know how to ride the damn thing.

"I need a shower" I quickly said standing up.

Apparently I wasn't the only ones thinking of a shower. There where others girls in the shower room, maybe trying to wash off everything bad that has happened to them. Not everyone had a bad day like you Zora.

After having a bath and putting my robe on I went over to the sinks to check myself out for no reason.

There was a girl beside me with this gorgeous white wavy hair that reminds me of Xander's.

She was just washing her face awkwardly and now I'm beginning to think if I've seen her somewhere. Yup I was right, she's a black cub.

"Is everything alright" I asked not minding my fucking business, but she didn't answer me. She kept washing her face like her life depended on it. Maybe it does I don't know.