Chapter 12

Funny enough, with Carla's killer caught instead of being at ease my mother is more uptight than ever. It takes a good five minutes to convince her to let me go to Shawn's party. I'm partially sure she only caved because she already said I could go and the fact that she likes both Shawn and Trevor.

Kaylee picks me up, even after I told her not to because I know she'll want to stay longer than me and I'll be stuck there.

By the time we finally make it to Shawn's the party is already going strong. People aren't drunk enough to do anything stupid... yet- but everyone is drinking, trying to get to that point.

As soon as Shawn spots us he waves and makes a beeline for us while Trevor is nowhere to be found. I shouldn't be relieved but a very small part of me is.

When Shawn comes over he asks what we want and to my surprise neither him or Kaylee say anything when I just ask for a can of coke. Kaylee is adamant that she's only going to have one drink but I know that's bullshit and I'll end up driving her car to get us home.

After we have our drinks we people watch until we spot a few girls from the squad talking in a group. We head over to say hi and end up making rounds with pretty much everyone at the party.

It's almost midnight by the time Shawn and Trevor meet up with us. Trevor was working late which is why he wasn't here earlier.

As a group, plus with a couple extra guys from the football team and Sophie who joined us, we make our way downstairs to play pool.

I actually don't know how to play pool but it's not an option for me anyways. The girls are supposed to watch and sit pretty while pretending to care. I must of missed this lesson in being a girl because I'm more than terrible at it. Kaylee is all over Shawn; blowing kissing at him and stroking, his ego. Sophie isn't much better to the one sophomore varsity football players named Michael.

It shouldn't be weird because there's one more football guy, but between Trevor and me but with everyone coupling up it just is. I can't tell if I'm just paranoid or if Trevor is going out of his way to be close to me.

Before every move, he makes sure to I'm watching before he plays. Or the fact he keeps looking at me and giving me that flirty little smile of his. Or is it just nice? And he's probably standing so close because there's not much space between the high chairs us girls are sitting on and the table. He has to stand close so he can play without hitting us with the back of the stick- or whatever it's called.

The game progresses, and I have to pretend like I'm not extremely bored. Kaylee's high pitched squeal isn't exactly awesome either.

After the first game we all take shots, I get coerced or maybe peer pressured into taking one. Or maybe I'm just weak minded and let them pressure me into it.

Vodka isn't my drink of choice but I'm able to shoot in down without making a face. After everyone gets another drink, myself included (another coke) another game of pool is started.

Or course no one asks any of the girls to play since we're all dumb cheerleaders; I guess.

This game ends up being different than the last because the guys are really drinking. Shawn and Trevor must have some kind of bet or something because they are going drink for drink.

The other guy who I don't know pulls out a little green baggie and by the sounds, looks and just how much cheer you would of thought he was Santa. Trevor helps him roll it while Kaylee volunteers for the first hit.