Chapter 24

Before I head to the dining hall with Jenny I try to summon Remi and Henry. Not because I'm lonely or wanting a reminder from home. I call out to them because I need to see if I have an actual supernatural ability like everyone here thinks I do; just like I thought, I don't.

I also want to see if they've actually been useful in helping me figure out what has happened to Carla or if they're just been off golfing for the last two days.

I end up giving up pretty quickly and for peace of mind I tell myself that they're working hard trying to figure out all the little weird things that connect Beetle Academy to Carla Mills, Sylvester Page, and now Sybil Wright.

I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure Jenny's werewolf bite isn't connected to whatever is going on here at Beetle. Sometimes you have to accept that not everything is a secret that is tangled with another. Plus, it's Jenny's secret to tell and I want a genuine friendship with her so I'm not going to do anything to jeopardize that. She'll tell me the details around what happened when she's ready. All that matters is she's not missing or dead; like everyone thinks, she's very much alive at Beetle Academy.

However, 'Jenny's death' or lack there of serves as a very good reminder that I cannot trust the media. Especially the human media because every news station has connected her 'disappearance' to Sylvester Page which doesn't even make sense since he never knew her. It's just easier to blame him than to say the truth which is Jenny got sent to Beetle Academy.

If that doesn't speak to a divide between humans and supernaturals I don't know what does. The human government and people in charge think it's better to keep Jenny a 'missing person' and 'presumed dead' than to tell her family and friends she's a student at Beetle Academy.

Jenny's disappearance was bad enough, I can't even let myself think about what's currently happening with mine. I know the human media is spinning my disappearance the same way which is why I desperately need my phone back so I can talk to Ben but I have a feeling it won't be that simple.

I consider once again asking Jenny for her phone to reach out but it puts not only Jenny and I in danger but my family and hers. I will be reacting out to Ben, via my phone I just need to figure out a nonchalant way to do so. Or at least a way that doesn't have the FBI coming to my house.

"Hurry up, Adric just texted that he saved us a table", Jenny says. "Coming", I yell out along with, "I didn't know you guys texted." I manage to catch Jenny's blush right before she's out the door.

I cringe when I take in Adric who's half choking from being unable to wave and chew at the same time. Jenny runs over to pat him on the back and it works, a chunk of food comes flying out of his mouth. "Thanks Jenny", he says not remotely embarrassed at all.

After we grabbed our food, Adric is full of stories from his day. It's more than clear to both Jenny and I he's been waiting to tell them. The only real theme or pattern between them all, is the fact he almost died in each one. From still being in the wrong fitness class, to the time he accidentally bumped into an evil fairy. And my personal favourite, during his last period before lunch when he almost got fried from walking into a fireball someone else had made.

I wonder if it was the same guy I saw in class X who was throwing fireballs at his friend? After all, how many people can make fireballs out of nothing and have the audacity to throw them at other people? I'm guessing not many, than again this is Beetle Academy and morals seem to be lacking.

I decide not to ask because they will assume I'm talking about class X. I still can't believe I'm still in that class! I tried to talk to Lightner yesterday but I was told she was 'busy' so now I'm stuck another day in that god awful class.