peace... for ever.

Will sat down by the small river a few kilometers away from the cabin. It  was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the flowers were blooming and Will felt at peace.

Today, he turned 20. He completed the ranger apprenticeship and got his own piece of land where he has to keep everything safe. It was an huge opportunity, and he felt anxious about being all alone without Halt. But he knew it would be all okay. His fief was next to Gilan's, so they would come over when they could.

Will heard soft footsteps coming towards him, that only rangers could here. But he knew who it was. By spending his teenage years with that man, he knew exactly every sound he made, from walking till snoring.

''It will be okay, Will'', Halt said while he sat down next to Will on the tree branch. He slightly sat closer to Will then normal. After a while, he put his arm around Will's body, and gave him a thight hug. ''I know, its just scary'', Will replied, laying his head on Halts shoulder.

Even though Will is 20 now, he felt like a little kid next to Halt. The years he spend with him were the best years of his life, even though he went through hell and back. He saw Halt as a father. And Halt saw Will as a son.

''I will send letters every week to update you, letting you know how I'm doing and how my fief is going. And of course i'll come by every now and then.'' Will said with a sad smile on his face. " I never told you, but when i was 17, i used to go to this spot to clear my mind. The flowers were so pretty, even when they didn't bloom. I thought about my life and the positive sides.'' Will said while he looked at the flowers. '' One time i thought about the fact that you changed my life. I sat here thinking what wouldve happened if ive never met you. Because you feel like a father to me, Halt.'' Will said to Halt with glassy eyes.

There was a short silence between the two men, but a commfortable one. No one had to say anything, it was just peace.

''You feel like a son to me, Will. And i will always treat and love you like one.''