2

*DON'T FORGET TO VOTE & COMMENT*

MARIAH

"I thinks it's so good that you're going out and finally making friends babygirl!" My mother came into my room smiling as I finished getting ready and I shook my head at her exaggerated excitement

My mom knew I didn't really have any friends out here. Back in Jersey, I would have my cousins and bestfriends in the crib everyday making a bunch of noise but ever since we moved out here in Atlanta, the house always had a silent aura.

Truth be told, I hated Georgia. The culture didn't make any sense to me, it was just a bunch of rude kids with money and I didn't fit in anywhere.

Given the circumstances that got us here, this was a depressing ass state to me.

Haile was the only person who even made an effort to get to know me at that school.

HAILE❤️
im outsideee

The message popped up on my phone and I pressed my lips together before grabbing my purse and slipping my phone into my pocket.

"I got called into the hospital tonight so make sure you have your keys, be safe out there and yo ass betta answer that phone when I call!" My mom yelled out as I left the house and I just zoned her out, all she ever did was work.

I prayed whatever career I ended up in the future gave me time to be there for my kids cause I practically raised myself for most of my childhood.

"You look goodddd" Haile complimented me while I approached her car and I smiled. She leaned over and gave me a quick hug as I got in the passenger seat.

"You drink ?" She asked before driving off and I nodded my head yes knowing damn well I hated alcohol and preferred weed any day.

"Good cause most the games we doing involve liquor and I wanna make sure you not uncomfortable or anything"

"Nah it's cool" I muttered.

The only thing that crossed my mind is who would be over there, Haile had a twin brother who knew almost everyone in our school. The both of them were also really cool with Demetrius.

If he was in attendance, I knew I would feel shameful all night....and a little horny. Even though he made me feel good physically, I didn't feel good about myself...if that made any sense.

Had I knew this virginity shit would come with all these emotions, I would've kept my pussy to myself.

I always found Demetrius attractive, he was the first nigga to catch my eye since I moved here but never did I ever think I would let him hit.

He would talk to me once in a blue moon whenever I copped weed from him or when he flirted with me (along with every other girl in our school) and I never gave him the time of the day.

Something different came over me that night, I needed a distraction to take my mind off reality and he just happened to be there at the right time.

I glanced out the window as we drove to Haile's home, she lived in one of those big ass houses on the other side of town. Her, Demetrius, and all their other friends honestly. I still don't know why my mother enrolled me in a school with kids obviously not in my tax bracket. We had money but not millions of dollars like most of these kids had, they was pushing Range Rovers and shit at the age of sixteen.

As the ride continued, I dozed off in the passenger seat knowing it was going to take a cool 20 minutes before we got to her crib.