4

*DON'T FORGET TO VOTE & COMMENT*

"Yo dumb ass gotta fuck all my friends? You bout to start some shit between that poor girl and Kelis crazy ass for no reason" Haile was in the middle of cursing Meech out as they sat in the crowded lunchroom of Midwood High School.

"Mane I don't give a fuck. Kelis ain't gon find out unless you tell her so...." Meech shrugged his shoulders and everyone just shook they head at how nonchalant he was about the whole situation.

"That girl been through a lot Meech and I know you don't care since you used to treating girls like shit but as your best friend, I'm asking you to leave her alone"

The few times her and Mariah had deep conversations during class, she learned enough about the girl to know Meech wasn't the type of nigga she needed.

He was immature and loved having different bitches on his roster, Mariah didn't need anymore heartbreaks.

"You acting like I'm tryna cuff shawty or be in some relationship. She know wassup"

"He do got a point tho, why you tryna stop a nigga from getting some ass? I salute you dawg, she fine as hell" Myles dapped Meech up and Haile stared at them disgustedly.

"Cause you took her virginity....and if you keep playing with her, she eventually gon catch feelings"

"You don't know that"

"I know how girls think but you know what, do you Meech. Karma gon eat that ass up one day" Haile made clear hoping she got through to him somewhat.

But Meech didn't care. Sex was sex. It wasn't his business if a bitch caught feelings. Plus, him and Kelis wasn't in a committed relationship.

He never lied about the fact that he fucked other girls, she made the decision to stick around after catching him in the act multiple times.

»»----  ----««

"Mariahhhhh!" The loud yelling from her mother's voice made Mariah roll her eyes as she hopped out of bed lazily with her robe still on.

This was just another day she ain't feel like going to school and her mother allowed it.

Truthfully, her mother was allowing her to get away with a bunch of shit. Like smoking in the house, skipping school when she felt like it, ordering clothes on a card that was only supposed to be used for emergencies....

She just didn't have the heart to tell her daughter no after everything they've been through these past two years.

"Yes?" Riah jumped on the sofa across from her mom and immediately pulled out her phone, preparing to block out whatever her mom was saying.

"Your cousin Michael coming over next week. Aunty Tasha said he been having some problems out there in New York so he gon come live with us for a few" Her mother spoke while adjusting the scrubs she had on and preparing to go to work.

Meanwhile, Mariah eyes shot open as she jumped up with joy. "You being seriousss?!" She exclaimed and her mother shook her head yes.

"Yayyyyyy! Let me go call that 4 eye nigga right now"

"Stop allat cussing in front of me! Anyways, I left some money for you under the jar in the kitchen, call me if you need anything" The woman smiled at her daughter's reaction before making her way to work.

This was genuinely the first time in forever she ever seen Mariah that excited about anything. But she knew how close Michael and Mariah were from birth and his companionship was definitely needed.

Bernice was an Army Ob-Gyn so she was always on-call and on the go which took time away from spending moments with her daughter.

In the past, Mariah was less affected by her mother's absence due to her father being present but ever since he lost his life in a bad accident, the two had become strangers living together.

Mariah was falling into a bad habit of smoking weed everyday just to escape the feeling of loneliness. She had become so accustomed to bottling her emotions and closing the world off, Bernice barely even recognized the bubbly happy child she had at one point.

 She had become so accustomed to bottling her emotions and closing the world off, Bernice barely even recognized the bubbly happy child she had at one point

"Mike why yo bitch ass ain't tell me you was coming out here nigga?!" Mariah FaceTimed her cousin, cheesing hella hard. This was the best news she got in a while.

"Nigga I just found out ! My ma been threatening to send me out there fa a minute, shawty finally got the balls to do it I guess"

"Y'know auntie ain't playing witcho fast ass"

"She sure ain't. But cous, what the A like? The bitches be bad out there?" Michael began asking questions immediately making Riah shake her head, that's all he cared about, bad bitches.

"Yea, they got flavors like slim jawns with pretty ass faces and then other bitches who ass gon make you do a double take"

"I'm jacking that, you better put me on to one of yo homegirls too. Wassup with you though? You got a nigga out there yet?"

"Nah but I gotta tell you something when you come. I did some dumb shit" Riah sighed, she talked to Michael about almost everything but certain things she needed to tell him in person.

She couldn't even explain in words how happy she felt to have someone in the house to vent to.