Pre-Pilot: Bet

Once I had my phone setup I logged into my Instagram and saw I had a ton of messages. But the most recent one caught me off guard. I clicked on it and just stared at my screen for a few minutes.

jjmaybank

> I'm glad you're finally home, Princess.

> I missed you.

                                                    I missed you too Jay.<

> Is mason your boyfriend?

                                                No. He's a friend, why?<

> Just wondering

> There's a kegger tonight at the boneyard

> You should go, we don't want to leave you out.

                                           Okay, do you have weed?<

> Yeah princess, you know I always do

                                                     Good, see you there<

———

I don't know if I should give in this easily and go see my old friends, especially after everything that happened. I mean they barely reached out to me, JJ never did. Not that I was all that receptive to answer their messages anyways, maybe it was my fault too. It usually is. I already take the blame for how things went with JJ.

Fuck it, I want my friends back.

Once I was showered and dressed, I ran down the stairs to find my brother.

"Jackey, I'm headed to the boneyard, don't wait up. And no, I don't plan on getting shit faced. Just letting loose a little."

Jackson twists in his spot on the couch, eyeing my outfit, "Alright Riley, I'm trusting you to be chill, call if you need me to pick you up, okay?"

"Of course!" I smile before turning to leave, "I'll probably stay with the pogues tonight, so don't wait up." Heading out the door before he can protest me staying out for the night.

The boneyard isn't too far, so I don't mind walking, but it's already getting dark so now I'm trying to speed up because it definitely sounds like a car is pulling up by me, I finally glance over, seeing the Twinkie, with a blonde boy hanging out of the sliding door.

"Figured we'd find you," JJ grabs my hand, helping me climb inside, "you shouldn't walk alone at night though."

"Hey pogies." I sprawl out on the floor, stretching my legs while everyone greets me, "I didn't want to ask for a ride, figured y'all would already be there."

"We were, but JJ insisted we go find you, saying you'd walk and get snatched or something." Pope rolls his eyes when JJ kicks his leg.

I laugh, "Well thank you for caring about my well being."

JJ laughs with me, "Couldn't let the Kooks nab you and lock you away."

"Oh, Jay," I sigh, "you and your hatred for the rich."

JJ taps my foot when everyone gets back to their previous conversation. I look his way, watching the smirk he sends me while handing me his blunt. I inhale as much as my lungs will allow, eyeing him while he stares at my mouth when I exhale slowly.

"Thanks." I hand the blunt back.

JJ wiggles his eyebrows when he notices me staring at him, "So, sex parties? Huh?"