Kitty Hawk: Fourth Wheel

Riley's POV

The door to the 'reflection cabin' opens, so I abruptly sit up on the bed, a younger lady walks in with a black duffel bag, "These are your other uniforms and shoes, we're taking you to Cabin 6, that's going to be home for a while."

"Oh okay." I look down at the area near the door where other girls left notes, "Can I have a second to grab my sweatshirt and get my shoes on?"

"Sure," She steps out the door so I quickly grab the pen under the pen and kneel by the wall, writing, P4L. Cabin 6. for my boys, since they're probably the ones that sent me the crazy message through the dead cat story, which cracked me up. But I felt bad for the lady that cried since she just lost her favorite cat.

Once I'm done I toss the pen back and tug on my shoes and sweatshirt and hurry to the door, smiling when I see the lady outside, "I'm ready."

"Great." She hands me my bag and guides me down the wooden path way until we reach the sixth cabin, "Lights out at 9pm, you have an hour to socialize before then, so take the time to get to know your bunkmates."

"Okay dokey." I grimace when we walk in and 20 or so girls look my way, "I hate being the new girl."

"Riley?" Savannahs voice carries across the wooden floor.

I grin when she scrambles off her bed and runs towards me, "Hi, Savvy."

She barrels into me, hugging me as tight as she can, "You're alive."

"Indeed I am," I chuckle while pulling away to look at her, "you're never going to guess how crazy life has been since you last saw me."

She gives me a knowing look, "I can take a wild guess it has a lot to do with your psycho ex."

"Yes, who also happens to be my legal guardian and sent me here." I laugh when her jaw drops, "I know, I told you.. it's crazy."

She grabs my hand and pulls me to her bunk, while the other girls go back to their conversations, "I need to know everything."

I spend the next 30 minutes explaining everything that happened since the night she had to leave my house, right before Rafe knocked me out with chloroform.

She leans back on the wooden post of the bunk bed, "Rafe is actually legally responsible for you?"

"Yeah, makes all the big decisions for me now." I sigh, "It wasn't that bad until JJ started taking me places that were sketchy and being an asshole about taking me home, basically he caused this," I gesture to the camp around us, "if he had just respected my wishes to go home to avoid making Rafe mad, then I'd be at home right now."

"Well now I have you here with me, so that's nice." She picks at her nails, "It's been horrible, I hate it here."

"I bet." I glance around at the cabin, "I don't mind the rustic feel or even being at a fun summer camp, but this place comes off as a free labor camp."

"It is, we do all kinds of work as if we're adults with jobs, it's dumb." She frowns, "They have me on meds for all kinds of shit, they think I'm crazy."

"They want to put me on meds but I'll spit that shit out if they try to make me take it."

She laughs, "I've done that a few times, earned myself some time in this cabin called the reflection cabin."

"I was just in there, it was depressing." I laugh when she raises her brows, "I tried to escape out of the bathroom window, and was being a bit wild when they detained me."

"Oh Riley." She pulls me in for a hug, "I've missed you. I thought I'd never see you again."

"Me too." I lower my voice, "I think JJ and Mason are here, probably trying to break me out, do you want to go with us if they do?"