Midnight Rendezvous

Harry and I split ways in the Entrance Hall. I was guessing that he was going to Gryffindor tower while I headed to the hospital wing to check on Nev before dinner.

Madam Pomfrey was treating a couple Hufflepuff's who I'm guessing some Slytherin's were using as test subjects. Neville was in a cot on the other side of the room. "You know, I didn't want to be right about the hospital wing. How are you feeling?" I asked him. He shrugged, "Fine. She mended it in about a minute, but she wants to keep me for a while for 'observation.' I don't get why she can't just let me go. I'd try to sneak out, but she scares me a bit." He whispered the last part. I chuckled and sat on the end of the cot. "You won't believe what happened after you and Madam Hooch left," He sat up a bit in anticipation. "So Malfoy was being a royal git as always. He somehow got a hold of your Remembrall. Here you go, before I forget," I handed him his Remembrall from where I had stashed it in my robes. He gave a sigh of relief. "So I was trying to get him to give it back when he got on his broom and threatened to throw it on the roof. So Harry and I chased after him on our brooms. I don't think he was expecting both of us to go after him and be such good fliers, so he threw it. Harry did this amazing dive to catch it and I punched Malfoy in the face."

"Y-You what?" he exclaimed. Madam Pomfrey looked over and we looked at her sheepishly. "I told him that if he didn't shut up I'd give him a fat lip to match that fat mouth. So I did." I grinned and he slowly mirrored me, still in disbelief. "And that's not even the best part." I added. "What do you mean? What could be better than hitting Malfoy? Man, I wish I had been there to see that." He trailed off.

"Well, apparently McGonagall saw the whole thing and instead of expelling us she put us on the quidditch team!" His jaw dropped. "Well, I'm on the reserve team, since they already have three chasers, but still, I might actually get to play a bit." I could tell he was still processing what I said. I bet he was expecting me to say anything but that. "Although Harry is the new Seeker, but you can't tell anyone! Oliver Wood, the quidditch captain, wants to keep it a secret until the game."

"Blimey!" he said incredulously. "I know!" I said. I'm still trying to believe it myself. "Can you imagine what Gran's gonna say?"

"All right Miss Longbottom, visiting hours are over, it's time for you to go to dinner. Neville will be released later." Said Madam Pomfrey as she came over once she was done fixing the Hufflepuff's. "All right," I said standing up. "I'll see you later in the common room." I gave a final wave before heading to the Great Hall for dinner. Now that I thought about it, I was pretty hungry. I put my hand to my stomach as it growled in agreement.

Once I got to the Great Hall, I walked down the Gryffindor table and sat by Harry, Ron, Fred and George. I didn't see Hermione, so I was guessing that she was running late studying in the library.

"I tell you, we're going to win the Quidditch Cup for sure this year," said Fred as I sat down. At least I think he's Fred. One of these days I will find a way to tell those two apart. "We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant. You must be good, Harry, Wood was almost skipping when he told us. Oh, congrats on making the reserve Callie. You might still be able to play a bit in a couple of games. Alicia did when she was reserve. Rough game, Quidditch."

"Anyway, we've got to go, Lee Jordan reckons he's found a new secret passageway out of the school." Said George. "Bet it's the one behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy that we found in our first week. See you." Interesting, I thought, mentally noting to look out for that statue.