16.6: Destruction

Alternative scene: Baddy falls instead of Rod

Ground breaks and Speedy was about to fall. Rod saves him.

Rod: phew. Are you okay, Speedy?
Speedy: yeah.
Baddy's voice: help!

Rod sees him holding onto the ledge but before he could run to save him, Baddy falls.

Rod: noooo!

He runs to the edge and watches where Baddy fell. He can't see the bat.

Rod, getting emotional: He was such an innocent bat! He did nothing wrong. This is all my fault. If I hadn't fought with Baddy, none of this would have happened.

(Not true, he's just being dramatic)

Rod, wiping a tear: and now, he's... gone... gone before I could apologise... what am I gonna do now? All of the fun we could've had, if only we'd...

He puts his face in his hands and doesn't finish the sentence.

He puts his face in his hands and cries. Unknown to him Baddy was flying up, hovering in front of him and could hear everything he said.

Rod, sobbing: but it's no use, now he's gone. And what about Betty? She couldn't even say goodbye...

He removes his hands from his face but he's looking down so he can't see Baddy.

Rod: oh, if only she'd been with us to...

Baddy: um

Rod looks up, sees him and yelps and he dies of ambarassment. And his face is completely red.

That was actually the original version i wrote a long time ago, but i forgot about it. I found it today and I thought, why not upload it just for fun? Lika a bonus version. (The version where Rod falls is gonna be the original one since it works better.)

***

Rod's POV

The cave got dark; so dark that we couldn't see anything. Well, anything except for Baddy's eyes.

"Erm, what's going on? I can't see anything even with my night vision." He said.

My heart was beating fast. I looked around and hoped to hear something, but there was silence and I suddenly became aware of the ringing in my ears.

But then it started to become brighter. There was a rectangle of light, like a door, on our left.

"Did this place..."

"Change?"

"It seems so, because now we are in a solid place and it isn't broken."

"Well, let's go then-"

Suddenly someone grabbed my sing - it was Baddy - and he said, "shh..."

Because we could not do or say anything just yet. Because here, in the darkness,

Someome else was with us.

~~~

Swift's POV

"Where are they?"
"Where did they go?"
"They were just here a moment ago..."

"Della, you were closest to them. Did you see where they went?" I asked.

Della looked terrified. She was looking at the ground.

"Y-yes, I think so... But that's so scary." She gulped and pointed to the ground. "The floor... Kinda... Opened up. And they fell."

"What?" We all said.