Part 1

Bikini Atoll (1/1/2014 9:20 am)

"This is nuts, we've been out studying the effect the radiation from over ten years ago, has on the water." A scientist said in an angry tone as he sat down "The radiation is gone, everything is normal again nothing is going to happen here"

"That could be true, but you never know" A man in a neat science outfit said with a sigh as he looked at a sample of soil from where the old nuclear test happened.

"Dr. Serizawa, we don't even know what we're actually looking for, we were never told" The scientist said as he tried to catch up with Giovanni Serizawa who was already walking away.

"We are here to study the effects the bomb tests had on the ecosystem from that day forth. We are striving to understand the effects we can have on entire ecosystems, through our fights." Dr. Giovanni Serizawa said as he sat down looking at a chart that showed the Map of the area.

"Why do we need to work all day in the hot sun, sending boats to study the area, the water here wasn't habitable after the blast, life just recently came back." The scientist said as he pointed out the normal wildlife on the island, but then he saw a fish jump off of a tree "Okay, so it's bent and broken, it's still a functioning ecosystem, the animals still live"

"But, what if there are new species, I believe these islands have produced levels of radiation that weren't visible for the past 400 million years. Literally, an extinct species of Dragonfly has the potential to thrive here." Dr. Giovanni Serizawa said as he looked out at the thin strip of beach.

"That's impossible de-extinction is only something you'd see in movies, and read in books. This is the real world. If we could, then we'd already have brought back the dinosaurs." the scientist said "believe me Dr. I've worked for that my entire life, I study living and extinct species, as well as the conditions they live or lived in."

"I understand, but there's always more than meets the eye with this type of thing" Dr. Giovanni said as a purple Dragonfly the size of his hand flew behind his head "Always."