Part 12

Serizawa frowned as he entered his house, he sat down and looked at a picture frame on his dresser. On top sat a picture of him and a young boy, it was probably twenty or so years old. Dr. Serizawa sighed as he scratched his chin and looked to the phone. Dr. Serizawa then got up and slowly walked towards the phone and picked it up before typing in a number. He then held the phone up to his ear.

One ring... Two rings... Three rings... Four rings... Then he was sent to voicemail, and his eyes began to water as he swallowed at the voice of the other person.

"Dr. Serizawa, leave a message after the beep." The recorded message said, and the Dr. Let a tear fall from his eye as he opened his mouth to talk.

"Ishiro, I want to apologize for pushing you away all those years ago. It turns out... You were right." Dr. Serizawa said with a sigh as he sat down in the char beside the phone. He the looked at the picture longingly before turning his attention back to his message "There are more Kaiju, just as you suspected. I should've listened to you before the problem spread to more of our daily experiences. Megaguirus is the first sign, then three more."

Dr. Serizawa paused as a tear fell down his eye. He nearly hung up, but then he put it back to his ear.

"I will tell you the general locations, it's the best I can do. Make sure you and your organization takes care of it..." Serizawa said with a pause as he again stared at the picture "One is Mt. Everest, then there's one in the United Kingdom, finally one is in the Gulf of Mexico. I don't know what they are, and they could be dangerous but... I have faith that you can do this my son."

"Hey dad." Ishiro said with a sigh of defeat.

"Ishiro?" Dr. Serizawa said with a tear as he held the phone with both hands.

"Yeah, I'm... I'm sorry for not speaking back, but... I wasn't sure if I should." Ishiro said as Dr. Serizawa let more tears flow from his eyes. "Dad, I love you so much, I was afraid you were too mad about our last encounter to speak to me."

"I was never mad. I thought you were..." Dr. Serizawa said, and Ishiro chuckled.

"I suppose we really are related." Ishiro said as Dr. Serizawa smiled.

"Yes, my son." Dr. Serizawa said as he then turned to a picture with both Dr. Serizawa, and a Woman, it was only a few years old, and the couple looked happy "Your mother would be proud of us... You"

"I don't doubt it." Ishiro said as Dr. Serizawa said as he held the photograph in his hands "She was always the one to forgive our every mistake."

"Yes, that she was. She ... She was someone that the world needed more of." Dr. Serizawa said as he placed the photograph down, and smiled as Ishiro seemed to be sobbing "Are you okay Otoko No Ko?"

"Yes Otousan." Ishiro said as he began to calm down "I'm going to go begin the search for the Kaiju. Monarch will have them on lockdown for you as quickly as we can."

"I love you my son." Dr. Serizawa said as the phone beeped, signaling that the call was over. Dr. Serizawa then put the phone back, and he looked at a picture of the Expedition to Skull Island, then he saw an image that immortalized the events of 1998 for those who saw it. Dr. Serizawa then sighed, he knew what he had to do. Dr. Serizawa brought out a map, and saw a Apex Military base under construction in San Diego, and he was in Los Angeles, that was a two hour drive. He had to stop Colonel Kane from killing Godzilla. Because not all Kaiju are bad.