Part 6

Apex HQ (1/2/2014 9:00 am)

"Serizawa!" Colonel Kane shouted angrily as he entered Serizawa's temporary lab.

"What?" Serizawa asked, as Kane threw down files.

"Explain this" Colonel Kane said angrily as Serizawa looked at the photos "You were studying the Kaiju, how is it a Dragonfly Kaiju has appeared?"

"I can't explain, but it has many anatomical similarities to the Meganula I have been studying. Perhaps they're related or even somehow the same thing" Dr. Serizawa said as he looked between the photographs Kane gave him, and Photographs of the Meganula he'd been studying "The Meganula had been showing signs of getting bigger over time, perhaps the Megaguirus we know is a Mutation of the average Meganula."

"It still doesn't make any sense, we should only need to deal with the three." Colonel Kane said as he tossed the photographs to the floor "How are these creatures showing up so recklessly, almost one after another"

"It could be that the Kaiju are Mutations of creatures we see every day, or worse, they've been here for centuries or even millennia, that would mean they precede everything we know about evolution" Dr. Serizawa said as he looked through his research papers "The Kaiju break many of the laws of physics and seem to have supernatural abilities"

"No kidding, your Megaguirus is capable of flapping it's wings faster than the speed of light, and then use the same energy to create a supersonic attack" Colonel Kane said as Dr. Serizawa looked at Kane skeptically "It took out a squad of F-15 Eagles, T-30 Heavy Tanks, and after the news feed got cut we sent in a barrage of missiles, as well as a Platoon, no survivors from our Platoon."

"Maybe you should have thought it through" Dr. Serizawa said as Kane grabbed Dr. Serizawa by the shirt collar.

"My men, are out there risking their lives to protect our country, now I believe they deserve some respect" Colonel Kane said as he tossed Dr. Serizawa down, you will use any data you can find to create a weapon, capable of neutralizing the Kaiju threat. Do you understand me?"

"Yes Kane" Dr. Serizawa said as Kane turned to leave.

"It's Colonel Kane to you" Colonel Kane said as he exited the room leaving Dr. Serizawa alone.