Part 6

I wake up in a cold sweat, lifting myself so Im sitting down. My hands trembling as I look outside my window. I close my eyes in my seated position, taking deep breaths as I try and control my pounding heart. Another nightmare.

Looking outside again, I take notice of the moon and stars out and then realise. Aj. Quickly grabbing my phone I look at the time. 2:42am. Shit. I slept through the rest of the day. The next thing I see is texts from Aj.

"Clem I made a friend"

"Why arent you responding"

"Are you okay"

Then I see a text from Louis.

"Aj called me saying your not answering the phone or door. Picked him up so he's at my house don't worry."

That calms me down a bit but the notification in my screen telling me about how an explosion and a building on fire in downtown Atlanta makes me panic. I stumble out of bed, making sure not to wake violet so I can pull my boxers and bra on, followed with my suit and mask before I climb out the window, shooting a web and launching myself away from my apartment block.

It doesn't take me that long to get there, seeing as the smoke and sirens tell me pretty much were to go. Just from looking there's no villain or gabe there so I look around, seeing people looking up to where the fire is.

Without hesitating I shoot a web, pulling myself up to the building and crawling up the side until I reach where the fire is. I move to the side, punching a window making it shatter and I pull myself inside looking around, the smoke taking its chance to fly out the window and completely cover me.

My mask isn't helping with how much I inhale but at the moment that's the least of my worry's. I walk around, seeing where the fire started and a couple of people on the floor. I crouch down, pressing my fingers against there neck to feel for a pulse.

A total of 5 people had a pulse. The remaining don't. What I do is, picking two of them up and throwing them over each of my shoulders. I can only carry three at a time so with my free hands I pick one of them up and move back to the window, jumping out and shooting a web to lower myself to the ground.

Paramedics run over as I place them on the ground and they look to me. "Are there anymore?" I nod, not giving them a chance before I shoot another web so I can climb back into the building and pick the remaining people up. The smoke getting to me as I have to bring my hand up to cover my mouth to cough. I ignore it though, lowering myself to the ground and getting help from some others as I lower the other two.

I still need to check the floor so before I get told not to, I make my way back up, climbing in through the window I broke and covering my mouth with my arm as I cough into it. I move around from room to room.  No one else was inside the place where the fire started and it seems it's only effected this floor.

The smoke is really getting to me though, my throat feels like it's closing up with the amount I've inhaled.

But that's when my spider sense goes of and I jump to the roof, missing the bullet that goes off. I jump down, and see someone standing within the smoke with a gas mask on. "Spiderwoman." I don't recognise the voice, but I cough again.

"Not immune to the smoke it seems." I could basically feel the smirk behind the mask. "Who are you?"

"How could I answer that. Many ways. All I know, and all you need to know, is that I want you dead." Yet again my spider sense goes off and I bring my arm up, shooting at him with my webshooter to grab his gun before he shoots. They rush at me though, wrapping their arms around me and dragging me towards a window where we both go falling out of it.