Part 2

"I'm afraid we have some bad news..."

The amount of times that rings in my head while being on call with whoever was on the other end.

"Is it?... he's not..." I start. I think violet is getting the hint. I only ever cry when it's about him.

"It's best to come and say your goodbyes... I'm sorry for your loss." And then the call ends.

I drop my phone, bringing my hands up to cover my face. I know I'm going to cry. I don't want to. I can't. You're strong. You're clementine. You're spider-woman.

"Clem? What's wrong?" Violet. I shake my head, standing up grabbing a nearby pair of shoes before running out my room. All eyes on my as I grab my car keys.

"Clementine wait! What's wrong what happened." She's following me.

"I'll be back in an hour or so okay? I need to go to the hospital..." I say.  I think that's enough for them to know what's wrong.

"Is he?" Brody.

"I don't... I don't know... okay. They called, and said that it was best to come and say bye and that they are sorry for my loss but I don't know what's happened." I panic.

"Clem let me drive you. You shouldn't be driving like this." Violet says and I sigh putting my keys down. "I'll walk then. I need to go alone I just... stay here." I say opening the door and walking out. Me being the idiot I was forgot to take off my webshooters. Although it can't be a bad idea to swing there.

Making my way up to the roof, I pull my hood over my head to cover my face and I look over the edge before running and jumping off. Letting myself fall for a second, getting the wind, the feeling of falling, the peaceful feeling. Before I finally shoot a web and make my way to the hospital.

Seeing as I swung here, I get there quicker than I usually would. I basically run through the doors. "I'm looking for lee Everett. I got a call."

They look at me, a face full of pity before telling me where to go. Running through the halls until I reach his room, I push the door open which shows him laying on the bed. All the tubes and wires pumping blood and fluids into his body. This is all my fault.

"Lee?" His head moves, ending to face me as a smile plastes across his face.

"Hey sweet pea..." he whispers weakly before coughing.

"How are you feeling?" I ask. He's still alive.

"... they haven't told you have they?" He asks and I look down and shake my head.

"I'm dying clem... stage four cancer. Apparently I've had it for years but it's only now shown. It's in my brain." He whispers and I shake my head, tears now falling.

"There... isn't there a way to save you?" I ask, hope in my voice. He frowns, signals for me to come closer and I do. Taking a seat right next to his bed and grabbing his hand.

"I'm sorry..." I shake my head at him. "Don't be... this is my fault. If I picked Aj up that day, if I hadn't shouted at you, if I didn't storm out at the dead of night to sulk off. It's my fault you're here, in this bed, in pain..." I rant.

"Clementine none of this is your fault. Don't ever think like that." He says and I look to him as he brings his free hand to my face wiping at my tears.

"When I'm gone... you do what you've been doing. Looking after Aj, doing good in school, and saving the city." His words shock me, my eyes widen.

"W-what... I haven't been-" he cuts me off. "I know clem. I know. I saw the news earlier. After spider-woman saved a group of kids, so happen to be your friend group, from a building she gets punched and blood soaks her mask. Now here you come with a black eye and a busted lip." He says smiling. "I'm so... proud of you clem." I smile.