Part 10

Violets Pov:

I watch as smoke from the bomb surrounds them. There was no pained yell, no call for help. Just the ticking of the bomb and the explosion.

"Vi..." I look to Louis. He has tears in his eyes as he points in a direction. Clementine lays on the floor, unmoving.

Ignoring the others I run to her, falling to my knees and grabbing her face to make her look at me but her eyes are closed and her skin is cold. "No... no... no no no no fuck!" Tears are building in the corner of my eyes as I look over her body. One thing catches my eye. The stillness of her chest. My heart drops as I bring my hand up to under her nose, but feel nothing. She's not breathing, not even a light sign. "Clem... clem come on.. wake up please... clem please... come back to me."

"We won't die. I promise you."

"You won't loose me, I promise."

"Clem. Get up." I whisper, closing my eyes and pressing my head against her shoulder. I feel the tears rolling down my face as I move her so her back is on my lap. I cradle her, holding her close.

"Please... open your eyes. You promised me..." I whisper again. Sniffling. I don't wanna cry, not now.

"Dork. Your dork. My dork."

"Please Clementine. You can't leave me, not you too." I hold onto her tighter, just hoping I'll feel her breathing again. But nothing happens.

"What happens if you doing this will get you killed." "I won't die."

"You can't break our promise." I whisper. A hand gets placed on my shoulder but I ignore it.

"Vi... she's gone." It's Louis. There's pain evident in his voice. I hear some crying behind me but I ignore it shaking my head. "She's not. She'll wake up. S-she will. She won't leave me. She promised." I shake his hand off, burying my face into clems neck and just holding her tighter. The stab wound on her back bleeding and soaking into the cargos she gave me.

"Vi. She's not coming back." Louis again. I ignore him, opening my eyes and looking down to clems closed ones. "Please clem. O-open your eyes... just... come back to me. I need you. I can't live without you in my life clem." Louis swears under his breath and I hear him sniffle, most likely wiping his eyes.

"I love you vi."

"I won't leave you."

Her suit is stained in blood. From her leg and her back, the neck and some spots on her stomach. I can't loose her.

"You can't leave Aj." I whisper.

"Violet. She's gone." I hear Sophie aswell. I shake my head, blocking them out. She can't leave me. Not after everything we've been through. "I can't loose her." I whisper. Someone gets next to me.

"I know vi. I know. But she's gone." She places her hand on mine.

"She's just... she's not. I-I need her. She can't leave me Soph." I feel the tears falling from my eyes at this point. Why did she have to do that.

"Violet. She promised you I know. But doing this it's hard to keep them. You know that." I look to Sophie and shake my head again.

"She'll wake up... she will. She has too. For Aj... for me..." There's police sirens in the distance. I ignore them, holding clem close to me just hoping she'll wake up.

"Guys we've gotta go. There's police." It's Marlon speaking. Probably to Louis. Sophie stands up and the hand on my shoulder moves.

"Vi come on." Louis grabs my shoulder again and try's to move me but I don't. I just stay on the floor with clem on my lap.