Chapter 7

The vomiting was killing him... he lied weakly on the sofa, waiting to get better, once he regained his strength he ordered a soup that was good for preventing vomiting for himself .

He was not sure if the Internet was reliable or not but he decided to test it.

Surprisingly, he didn't vomit, on top of that, the soup was even more to his taste, he drank 2 or 3 bowls non stop.

He sighed comfortably, rubbing his bulging stomach, despite losing weight these days, because of eating too much, his stomach has protruded slightly. It was rare enjoying the food as he had became sensitive to the smell of foods.

It was dark outside, he went back to the room, looked at one of the pictures he had taken from Lan Zhan, kissing it gently, he hugged the picture and fell sleep.

When he woke up it was already noon, he couldn't believe that he had slept this much, remembering that it wasn't his home anymore, he didn't need to work, he got up slowly, washing his face, preparing to go outside.

The refrigerator barely had any ingredients for cooking, he found the closest supermarket and bought his necessary things. While walking back home, he was breathless so he took breaks few times along the way, trying to catch his breath. His body has weakened, with a little activity, he would be exhausted.

Days passed like this, Wei Ying unaware of his family's chaotic situation and Lan Zhan's unstoppable searching , spent his life as the count down had started.

His vomiting was getting worser causing his detest of even getting close to the food. Wei Ying lifted his T-shirt, looking at his slightly bulged belly.

Despite his body getting thinner, it seemed the tumor had grown, remembering the doctor's words, Wei Ying didn't dare to touch it or even avoiding going to doctor.

The only positive thing was that his abdominal didn't hurt again, he couldn't understand why but maybe now he was more calmer facing death.

He decided to buy some groceries, getting ready quickly, he walked slowly, looking at those colorful fruits decorated beautifully there, suddenly, his appetite increased.

He unknowingly bought more than enough, both hands full.

Wei Ying hurriedly walked toward the home, passing by his small garden, he sensed a gaze but he didn't see anyone and just ignored it.

Closing the door, he took out the fruits , eating one after another. Surprisingly, he didn't feel nausea or vomiting, he let out a sigh of relief .

~Jiang Cheng~

Listening to the voice of his subordinates, telling that they may have found the Wei Ying's whereabouts, both he and Lan Zhan stood up straight.

From the moment they had come to this city, they were searching non stop but couldn't find Wei Ying.

Despite their connections in their own city, here they had less people here. Jiang Cheng looked at Lan Zhan's messy and untidy look, he had seen with his own eyes how Lan Zhan was getting thinner, he was working nonstop trying to find Wei Ying.

Anyone looking at Lan Zhan's eyes could feel his sadness as there was not a soul in his body like a moving dead.

One night, when he was getting downstairs to get water, he accidentally heard a voice at first he thought it was a thief but looking closely, he heard Lan Zhan's voice talking to a picture of Wei Ying and it seemed he was crying.

Jiang Cheng could not believe that a man as steady as him would cry over his brother, it seemed his love wasn't a superficial.

That moment, Jiang Cheng decided that if he found his brother, he would not oppose their relationship or anything.

As usual they were searching when the news that they may have detected Wei Ying reached to their ears. They were on the way to the house Wei Ying was.

Jiang Cheng was nervous shaking his leg, God knows how much he had waited for this scene, hugging Wei Ying and then breaking his legs so he wouldn't dare to run away again.

They had not informed the families to avoid a false hope. Jiang Cheng looked at Lan Zhan, from the moment they had gotten in the car, Lan Zhan had not uttered a word. Jiang Cheng looked at his calm face, his eyes landed on his hands trembling

"He will be fine... we finally found him"

He didn't know if he was comforting Lan Zhan or himself.

As the car stopped, one of the subordinates waiting for their arrival got out of the car, getting closer to Jiang Cheng and Lan Zhan who got off the car hurriedly

"Sir, he went to that house and have not come out yet"

"You... you stay behind" Jiang Cheng hurried after Lan Zhan who was already rushing.

Lan Zhan pressed the doorbell, beside him standing Jiang Cheng. He had clenched his fist tightly, trying to control his body shaking.

As he intended to press again, suddenly the door opened and the person standing inside looked stunned.

Lan Zhan looked at him, not daring to blink, afraid that Wei Ying would disappear in a second. His Wei Ying had become thinner, his bright eyes were filled with shock and disbelief.

~ Wei Ying~
Wei Ying took a step back, his body shaking visible to naked eyes, his eyes moving between Jiang Cheng and Lan Zhan.

"Wei Ying..."

"W-Why?!" His eyes filled with tears instantly, he had stayed away from them so they wouldn't suffer with him. How could he face them now?

Looking at Lan Zhan, he had never seen him in this state, he seemed broken mentally, Wei Ying could tell with a glance that Lan Zhan was not in a good state. He himself was not better than him.

"Why..did you come after me?!!"

********************************************************Okey! Guys, the next chapter is half ready just needs a small part to be completed then editing.
I may do it now or tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. 🫠